Bad news for OKC area SCers

Friday, August 21, 2015 2:24 AM

11 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    ze plane, ze plane.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    The mom who's daughter works there and is happy the place got closed down will be disappointed when her daughter finds another club to work at. Guess mom doesn't realize there's more than one strip club in okc. :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I used to live in Dallas and still go back there from time to time to SC there – I like black clubs and on my next visit to Dallas I was planning on checking out Fantasy Island in OKC – too late now.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    [view link] Public Nusiance is a Civil Action, not a Criminal Action. So usually there is never a jury trial. Like I've been saying for over a year now, these types of civil actions are more harmful to strip clubs than the penal code for prostitution. Very hard to prove prostitution, in a court room, with a jury, and with adequate defense. So they use these other procedures, as what they want is just to close the club. It is only because Jim and Artie Mitchell were willing to defend themselves in court, and did have supportive newspapers, that their club survived the attacks of Diane Feinstein. SJG [view link]
  • bigman226
    9 years ago
    The club got an injunction and is back open. They're in for the long haul
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I wonder if it'll be back to business as usual or if they'll have to “water down” the entertainment value b/c they may be under the microscope for a while – time will tell.
  • SoonerSam
    9 years ago
    Papi, even if Fantasy Island ends up closed down, there are a couple other clubs in OKC that cater to black crowds. A new one called the Oklahoma Gentlemen's Club opened recently. I think it's where the old Onyx Club used to be on NW 10th.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ thanks for the 411 - but for me a club not only has to have black dancers but also good-mileage/2-way-contact.
  • SoonerSam
    9 years ago
    Unfortunately, I haven't any information on that club at all, bud. I haven't been there nor do I know anyone that has. FI was definitely THE mileage club in OKC. As for other clybs, some are okay, but not nearly what Fantasy Island provided.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ that's sorta what I thought (w.r.t. mileage in other clubs; I like and I'm used to high mileage).
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    In other bad news for OKC residents, you live there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion