tuscl

YOU MAKE THE CALL !!!

Wednesday, July 7, 2004 3:28 PM
Alright, time for a little fun. Here's a scenario and I would like for you to tell me what you would expect to happen: A professional hockey team decides to visit a SC for lunch on a Sat. afternoon. The club is medium contact and is split into two areas, topless on the first floor and all nude on the second. About 20 dancers are on shift that afternoon and the club is fairly quiet - only about a dozen other customers spread out on the first and second floor. The team takes up a banquet style table on the second floor. They are seated in an area normally used for bachelor parties, but in by no means really separated from the rest of the club. How do think the dancers reacted to the hockey team? What would you expect the team's experience to be like? If you were just a regular customer who happened to be there that day, what would you expect your experience to be like?

10 comments

• skywatch-99
    20 years ago
    >> How do think the dancers reacted to the hockey team? My first remark would be “was Todd Bertuzzi present ?”, but that wouldn’t be of particularly good taste… :-) Not sure the pros athletes are really liked by the dancers. I was in a club in Tampa last year, just a few hours after the Bucs had finished playing the Cowboys, and when I talked to the dancers and said “Have you been able to hook up with a player ?”, they had that “Give me a break” kind of reaction…
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    Great story and informative - THANKS!
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Here's what actually happened: About 4 weeks ago and NHL stopped by a club I visit on a fairly regular basis. As I mentioned it was a fairly quite Sat. afternoon with about 12 normal customers and about 15-20 dancers on shift. The team was sitting upstairs, about 16 young wealthy guys. How many dancers went over to sit with them? ... TWO!!! I was sitting downstairs at the time, when one of the dancers I know mentioned that they were in the house. Since most of the dancers were kind of down that day over the small crowd and little money, I figured the team would be getting a bunch of attention. NOPE. The top dancers all prefered to hang out and chat with the other customers (some were regulars, but not all of them). One dancer explained how in many cases, the dancers avoid groups such as bachelor parties and the like. Partly because the club allows medium contact, the dancers get intimidated by the idea of being trapped in the middle of a group of guys. She then explained how the hockey team would be even worse than your average group of guys. Yes, they had money, but not likely to be spending a lot of it, or else they would likely expect extras. There was also an amusing comment made about how most of the team was from Canada and, "you know what they do up there." At one point I walked by the team along with one of the dancers. Several players called out for her to come over and sit down and told her how she would be perfect for so and so. She just smiled politely at the group and kept walking. I left that day thinking I witnessed something I wouldn't have expected. Yet, after it was explained from a dancer's perspective how it made perfect sense.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    My experience has been that many professional athletes expect dancers to hang with them for nothing and want girls to dance for them just because they are famous. Some dancers are dumb enough to send hours with these guys just because they are buying drinks. My guess would be that the smart dancers got what they could out of these guys and then moved on. The not so smart dancers probably hung out with these athletes, pissed off a regular customer or two and didn't make tip-out...
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    I was in Salt Lake City once, and saw about three basketball players enter a club out there. Of course they could have been just three very tall black guys with a lot if cash, but my guess is players. In any case, most all the dancers tried to be the ones they spend their cash on, but most were rejected. The players just seemed to like the attention from all. Only saw once dancer collect a lot of tips during a money shower while she was on stage.
  • Dain
    20 years ago
    The girls will head straight for the team. The athletes have money, are full of testoserone, and are ready to spend. The girls hope to establish a regular.
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    If the team is visiting, the sport stars will probably not be around often enough to become regulars. But a large group of rich horny young guys will obviously be the biggest draw for the ladies...
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    I would expect all of the dancers to find their way to the table NHL stars and make themselves available, even if they had to sit and wait. I also would expect that the manager and/or bouncer would know who they are and steer the girls over to this table. In most clubs, the other patrons will be left with what's available. I've seen this happen with the Detroit Red Wings.
  • Jpac73
    20 years ago
    Well of course they would have some of the girls at their table not just because they are athletes but in my experience women at stripclubs flock to the larger group of guys. The strippers will spend more time with a group of 4 or 5guys than just 2guys. I am not saying it is always 100% true but it is usually the Norm. I don't think it would effect enjoyment of the stripclub too much unless there was a favorite girl I like and she was spending her time with the Hockey guys more than me. Athletes and entertainers don't always spend top dollars when they go to a stripclub and the dancers will find that out in the long run.
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    My experience is the same as Yoda's. A few dancers will always socialize with them for the popularity of it but they all seem to know there usually isnt much money to be made. I remember Dennis Rodman once invited some girls from the Dallas Mens Club to go out and party around town in his limo saying he would take of them. Five hours later he dropped them off at the club, kissed them goodbye, gave them each $100, hopped in the limo and drove off. Needless to say they never partied or danced for him again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion