tuscl

Donald Trump Inflection Point?

Is taking on Fox's Megyn Kelly finally his "Bridge Too Far"?

55 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Yes. When the far right says using a woman's hormones as an excuse for a tough question, it's a done deal.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    'Using is wrong' completes my thought!
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I think the guy is history, just like Mitt Romney with is 44% comment, but even worse.

SJG
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Attacking a news anchor for the party you hope to run for? Now she and Fox can take shots at him at their leisure and restrict his coverage (which they may have already started)? Not brilliant!
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Oops, did I imply that Fox is nothing but a Republican mouth piece? Don't think that will shock anyone. :-)
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Maybe.

I think the debate may redistribute some of his support as more low info voters realize there are other candidates.

He will also struggle as the focus shifts to actual voters in IA and NH.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I can't imagine even conservative women will take kindly to Trump's comments. And as a "liberal" I actually accept his explanation that he was thinking "nose" but he's no stranger to public speaking so he has to accept he's either stupid or mean spirited. Either way, there's never an excuse for bad manners.

Except in TUSCL where bad manners seems to be performance art for some people! LOL
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    I don't think the comments were necessarily fatal by themselves - he's said worse - but who he directed them at. If he is smart he would de-escalate quickly on this one.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    "Smokin'" Joe Biden should run
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Idk as far as that party is concerned he can win with the majority of xenophobic, take back our country crowd. ..and I'm realizing living in the Southeast, just how many of them exist
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    IDK – I think that Megyn chick was trying to score browny points and perhaps make a bigger name for herself by asking “tough questions”.

Trump is who he is. Don't women expect to be treated “equally”. To the best of my knowledge Trump has not stated *all* women are dogs or w/e he said w.r.t. Odonnel or a few others – he had a beef w/ some women and he handled it in his own way – the way I see it he handled his beef w/ some women the way he handles his beefs w/ some men – why should women be treated differently – they should be treated “equally” right?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's hard to phantom Trump winning; but anything is possible.

But IMO; the only way he'll lose w/e support he has is by him not being Trump and trying to be like everybody else – IMO the people that support him support him for the way he is – IMO the way he'll lose that support is him trying to be like the others and not being Trump.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Here is Trump's classic roast of Rosie........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32577Ho…
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    ah come on Dougster. you knew he was never a viable candidate long before this whether he runs on either major party's ticket or as a ‘Ross Perot’ third candidate. he's just an ass clown in the big entertainment freak show with the likes of other notable ass clowns such as Bruce Jenner and Al Gore.

doesn’t anyone ever pay any attention? he is a spoiler working for the Clintons.

i do wonder what he wants and what they promised him. THAT is the really interesting question
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    hey Dougster

if Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner disappeared do you think they would put his picture on a carton of Half & Half?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I must have missed the questions. I was too busy looking at Megyn Kelly's boobs. I'd fuck her
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    come on and run as a 3rd party donald you don't have to take that shit! Oh did I mention I'm a democrat?
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I heard a rumor that Bill Clinton called up Trump and told him he should run. It sounds believable.
    Good thing Trump has a billion dollars, he's wasting millions if he actually thinks he will win a national election. Maybe his secret goal is to support the Clintons. Then his plan is working good. He's probably already angered over half the population of the US. If he runs as an independent and takes a sizable chunk of Republican votes with him, he can ensure a democrat gets elected. I wonder if Hillary and Bill are paying him to run?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I hope Trump does end up splitting the Republican vote.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Nah, they'll just go and promise him business favors so he doesn't run independently.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    I wonder if this morning Megan Kelly is saying

*** SLAM DUNKED THAT FAGGOT DONALD TRUMP !!! ***
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    He seems intent on self destruction. I also think Mrs. Clinton is handling this extremely well.

SJG
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Looks like Hilary "no confidential information on the server" Clinton will out AssClown Trump this week. Megyn Kelly giddy over that one as well.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Hilary is actually doing quite well this week, thanks to help from AssClown Trump.

SJG

Amnesty International Votes to Support Decriminalization of Sex Work
    http://www.democracynow.org/2015/8/12/he…
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Lol! Looks like he is back at it. Not wise, Donald. Not wise.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Ya he can say a complete goodbye to the Latino vote. Guess he's gonna try with white and as much of the black vote as he can get.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Jorge Ramos is the Latino Walter Cronkite
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Lol! Don't worry Donald, no need to make any allies, you can fight everyone and win. </s>
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    “Jorge Ramos is the Latino Walter Cronkite”

pfffttttt!

Trump and Jorge are both working for the Clintons and they are both probably high-fiving each other right now. Hillary knows she can never get the Hispanic vote and with Rubio the son of poor Cuban refugees and Bush with his fluent command of Spanish and his Mexican wife as the two most likely nominees her only chance is to get the Hispanics to stay home. so she has Trump run as a RINO to piss off the Hispanics hoping they blame republicans and don't turn out to vote at all. and in the unlikely event Trump gets the nomination well that is a slam dunk for Hillary. she already has more dead democrat voters ready to vote (2 or 3 times each if need be) than there are people who would ever vote for Trump.

talk about disenfranchisement, a Clinton v. Trump election would produce the lowest voter turnout since there were only thirteen states.

i still wonder what Trump’s price was. is Hillary promising to give him Yosemite? Yellowstone? Canada? idk but i smell a huge real estate development coming soon
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Dude, Hilary's dead as well.

Probably going to be a Biden versus Rubio show once everything settles down.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Not Biden. PLEASE not Biden. If it comes to that, I'll have to throw my hat in the ring.
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @Dougster “Dude, Hilary's dead as well.”

well i sure hope you that you are correct with your Hillary prediction unlike your call for an economic boom. i saw that based on the government’s own revised GDP numbers that this has been the most anemic recovery in history – ever.

any idea what steve229 thinks about the upcoming election? he seems to have a pretty good track record as far as the economy goes. lol

tip for today: go long on gravy futures
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Economy's booming where I am. Same with where SJG is. Not so good where you are? :-)
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    "Same with where SJG is"

uhh, no it's not
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    @rockstar: what if it's Biden/Warren?
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    "what if it's Biden/Warren?"

In this decayed hole among the mountains,
    In the faint moonlight, the grass is singing
    Over the tumbled graves, about the chapel
    There is the empty chapel, only the wind's home.
    It has no windows, and the door swings,
    Dry bones can harm no one.
    Only a cock stood on the rooftree
    Co co rico co co rico
    In a flash of lightning. Then a damp gust
    Bringing rain
    only the wind's home.
  • RandomMember
    9 years ago
    Aug 26, 2015: "Donald Trump Inflection Point?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apparently not.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I'm actually more interested in who might be the Democratic nominee, as that is who I will be voting for in November.

SJG
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    I heard it announced that Trump was going to have a veteran event down the street from the debate. As a vet I'm somewhat appalled. While John McCain has done some things as a politician I have taken exception to, Trump made a slam at McCain to the effect that "Real Heroes keep fighting and don't get caught". I find it hard as a veteran (US Navy) to respect someone running to be the Commander-in-Chief that could make such a statement toward anyone who fought hard for our country and had the misfortune to be captured by the enemy in the line of duty, especially someone who was shot down behind enemy lines and did not have reinforcements at the time he was captured. Trumps statement was egregious, he can have all the veteran rallies he wants but he has earned the contempt of this veteran with that deplorable attack on someone who served his country both in Uniform and in Congress, regardless of whether or not I agree with some of McCain's legislative policies. Can we say "Hypocrisy" ?

Back on subject, I'm sure there will be blowback for the Donald from Trumps decision to avoid the debate Ms. Kelly is moderating. If Trump does not want to answer the tough questions in the campaign, how can we expect him to face them in office.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Reagan skipped his last debate before winning the nomination. I'm not a Trump fan either, just anti-democrat. Anyone but Hillary.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'll second the motion but add anyone but Hillary or Sanders.

I gave an example of what Sanders would be like, Hillary might be close. If you work and you have all the vending machines with snacks or drinks you might buy something from, think of the snacks and drinks ad Medicare. Sanders promises everyone cheaper Medicare for everyone but everyone will pay a lot more in taxes. Ok, picture this, Sanders will tax everyone $5 a week but promise just about free drinks and snacks. Sounds great right? Except this is controlled by the government which only knows how to take your money and give a lot less back. Back to the system, you get one drink and one snack per week.

Hey wait a minute, after paying $5 a week whether you use te system or not and you only get one soda and one small bag of chips, sounds like the system sucks. Yep, This is what Sanders and Hillary want. A system that they take more from everyone but promise the world but give a lot less than you could have on your own. The system works for them. They control the government. It's all the people voting for this system that get screwed. Unfortunately that includes you and me too if they get enough votes.

I think Sanders talked about raising taxes almost 7% to save us money. How stupid does he think the people are? Hillary thinks similar in my opinion.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather keep the 7 to 10% of my pay that Sanders and probably Hillary wants no matter how much they promise they can do with all of our money. Hopefully everyone can spare that much of their income if they are seriously thinking about voting for that. The Republican would say, if you want a big Medicare system with extra promised benefits, well you can pay for it but leave me and my friends out. If they say, there aren't enough healthy people in the system and you will need to pay not 7 but 10, maybe 14% for the same benefits, well you wanted it.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Bump, Trump.

Still waiting for that inflection point.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Hillary wants to tax more to those who eat fried bread and sugary pastries. I don't like the sound of that at all. (sad face)
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Looks like Clinton has given Liz Warren the mission of taking Trump out.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Fuck Trump.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think Warren is qualified for that. She brings people to their senses.

Trump is scary, and that there are people in this country who would vote for him is scary.

SJG

http://doxyspotting.com/?p=110027
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    SJG: "that there are people in this country who would vote for him is scary."

Indeed!
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I think Hillary will bring war. I fully expect it if she is elected. Unless she just strips us of our constitutional rights. Then later on when Chelsea gets elected, disaster according to one time traveler. I didn't read too much about what kind of disaster it was because I found it kind of difficult believing the story about Hillary getting elected and later on Chelsea. This was over 10 to 20 years ago.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Warren @ Trump are very best buddies.

Interview with Bill O'Reilly:
    "Any regret calling her Pocahontas?” Fox commentator Bill O’Reilly asked Trump recently, in a chat about Warren. “Do you regret that?”

“I do, I do regret calling her Pocahontas, ’cause I think it’s a tremendous insult to Pocahontas,” Trump responded.

If I had to guess, Tim Kaine will get the VP nod and not Warren.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    The guy claimed he was going to try to disrupt the sequence of events but was having trouble. I thought he was crazier than crazy joe.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I read Hillary probably won't select Warren because her Wall Street friends would cut off millions in funding if she does.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Biggest myth ever that Warren would actually do anything about Wall Street and kill the goose that lays the golden egg. "Talk. Talk. All you do is talk, talk!"
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Also, I'm starting to believe it will be fintech not legislation/Warren that destroys Wall Street as we know it.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Warren mostly is concerned about the fate of working people, like it was for her mom when she was widowed.

As far as Wall Street, well that could be seen many different ways.

But Warren does take offense when there are challenges to women's reproductive health issues, or to their privacy.

She is a Conservative Democrat, but one who wants ordinary people to be treated fairly.

SJG

http://doxyspotting.com/?p=108868
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion