tuscl

ATL or not? Advice please.

Hello all,

I will be in Birmingham, Alabama at the end of the month for work. According to this wonderful site/resource there is a decent club there, Furnace, but I have just heard so many good things about Atlanta. (I live in Houston so not many opportunities for me to visit)

Downside is It is a 2 hour drive, and I would probably pay for a hotel out of pocket since I already have a hotel in Birmingham booked through work.

Upside is it would probably be a much better experience in ATL with better girls that the local fare in Birmingham.

I was hoping someone out there might have some experience both ways and could shed some light for me.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

14 comments

• GACA
    9 years ago
    Let's see, Ground Beef or Filet Mignon? Tough call since the ground round is super convenient.

I live more than two hour away from ATL myself. Yes it is worth the drive, not every weekend, but Follies is the one if the best club experience ever...
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I just got home from Follies where I spent time with 2 fellow TUSCLers, Bubba267 and chandler and we had a great time. I've been to Birmingham and the only thing better there is the zoo. It beats Atlanta's zoo. The only good strip clubs in Alabama are in Huntsville and I know a TUSCLer that drives from there to Atlanta.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ Shadowcat is right again.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I have been to the furnace. It was good when i went. I can't speak for follies or huntsville or any other club in birmingham, but shadow is WRONG. The furnace is pretty good.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Do both if you can (can afford it and have the time); life is about experiences so why not take advantage; you don't know if/when you'll have the opportunity again.

FYI – unless you are into chocolate; Follies ATL is best during dayshift so you'll have to take that into account schedule wise.

You can probably get a decent room for $60 in ATL. ATL is also $10 dances so may not necessarily break the bank but depends on how much fun you end up having – most ATL clubs are air-dances w/ the exception of Follies; i.e. a ATL trip is really a Follies trip; for the most part – I recommend it if you've never been.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I have driven from Birmingham to go to Follies and it was worth the drive. But only if you make it to Follies for the day shift.
  • Aceadt
    9 years ago
    Well I am only there for one night so I am looking to make the most of it. Huntsville is about the same drive from Birmingham as ATL is. I usually like to experience all the small town clubs whenever I travel, but idk when I would be able to make it back out to ATL so I feel like I should take advantage of being close.
  • Aceadt
    9 years ago
    .. And when you guys say "day shift" what time does that mean? If I could get there by about 7-8pm, what kind of crowd would I be facing?
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Follies day shift officially ends at 8PM but most of the girls will be gone way before then. After 8PM the club becomes a black club with the hip hop, booty shaking and rain making and mileage goes down the tubes. I wouldn't make the drive if that is the only time you can make it.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I'm just curious, why does the mileage go down when Follies becomes a black dive club? I thought black dives had higher mileage.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    JS69 - I don't know how it works at other clubs but the reason for the change at night at Follies is because it is a whole different management/bouncer crew that is not as permissive as their counter parts on the day shift.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    In my limited Follies experience w.r.t. nightshift:

1) first nightshift visit was in March 2014 when I went to Follies and met shadow for the first time – I went on either a Th or Fr night but got there around midnight and it was just too much of a madhouse – only got some ok dances from a young big-breasted ebony but I was unfamiliar with the vibe and didn't have a good seat/place to get dances – so I bounced after her dances

2) second nightshift visit was in Nov 2014 – went around a bit past 10 pm on to get there b/f the masses – my mileage was about the same as in my dayshift visits w/ the caveat that I was first sitting by the bar (b/f I subsequently spotted an open high-top) – I was sitting by where it seemed was the entrance to the DR was and there were more club staff hanging in that area – a black bouncer kinda told me to cut down on the groping – but after I moved to the high-top table by shadow conner; mileage was unimpeded

Another caveat is that nightshift dancers often times in many a club are often less experienced or maybe part-time dancers (side-job) and some may not be as comfortable or willing to provide good mileage (whereas dayshift dancers are often more experienced and know the deal and are more willing to play ball)
  • Aceadt
    9 years ago
    So correct me if I'm working, but It sounds like the general consensus is that follies / ATL is good, but maybe not quite worth the drive if I can't get there during the day shift.

I might be thinking just experience Birmingham while I'm there and hit up ATL another time when it is more convenient.

By the way, did I mention i will be there on a Monday night?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Unless you are primarily into black chicks like some sickos; then I agree w/ your 1st paragraph.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion