tuscl

RIP: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Damn. Only 61. That's too fucking young.

11 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    " I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

in his honor I'm going to watch "They Live"
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    That quote was the first thing that popped into my head. Too young.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    I continue to be amazed that there are increasing numbers of people in the obituaries who are ( or were) younger than I. Having a heart bypass, diabetes and still smoking should be enough for me to meet my maker sooner than later. Here I come, Roddy.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Yeah, whatever, Cheeko.
  • tobala
    9 years ago
    Actually I'm surprised he made it to 61. I can't believe Ric Flair is still alive. With the steroids, hard partying, and the abuse your body goes through in even fake wrestling it's not really a wonder that most of them die too young. His name goes on a long list of dead wrestlers. He's another one of those guys that was big in the early 80's and went through the WWF vs WCW in the 90's when wrestling was on TV damn near every night of the week at the height of it's popularity. R.I.P. Hot Rod.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    So, Rod Toombs from Winnipeg has kicked the bucket. I had a minor run-in with his old man many, many years ago. His old man was a fuckin' horseman.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Dusty and Piper within two months...just unreal.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Holy crap! When did piper die? A sad morning indeed
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    My favorite recent viewings of Roddy was when he and Ric Flair swapped wives for a week on "Wife Swap" a few years ago. I was impressed with Roddy's relationship with his family and how his son was trying to follow in his footsteps. He and his wife tried living the simple lifestyle with hard work, and Ric Flair's wife could not handle the change from her lavish lifestyle from the Flair's household over to Piper's. Must see TV if you get a chance.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    My bad.

My memory let me down. It just dawned on me that Rod's dad was not a horseman. He was a railroad bull (CNR). The beef was whether I could run seismic cable and geophones through a culvert under a CN track in northern Alberta. Toombs Sr. didn't have the heft to stop me and my boys so we just ignored his bluster. The asshole did call the horsemen but by the time that the horsemen showed up we were 5km down the road and there was nothing for the horsemen to see.

In fairness this minor incident happened in the 1970s and I am now pushing 67 years old. My memory is exhibiting its age just like Mr. Wood is doing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion