tuscl

Pet peeve . . . eye contact . . .

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 1:37 AM
I read where the ladies of the evening old (prostitutes) used belladonna in their eyes to enlarge their pupils. Enlarged pupils supposedly send a powerful message to man that the woman finds him attractive and thus he spends more on her. Most of the dancers I know won't give eye contact. I'm surprised it is even an issue. I'm thinking . . . a window to the soul . . . or perhaps they may have an involuntary response gazing into the enlarged pupils of a customer . . . But, why wasn't eye contact a problem in the olden days?

12 comments

• Dain
    20 years ago
    From eye contact to crotch eye-balling, and back--that's by far the sexiest way for a dancer to behave. The worst, on this score, is just to have a far-off look. For a girl, her dancing is often no big deal; for the customer, at the moment, however, it is the whole world.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    While I don't agree most are focused on their reflections in the mirror, many do not make eye contact. What FODL, Pinhead, and the rest if us are saying is that we look for an appreciate those who do make eye contact.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Are you kidding? Most dancers are focused on their reflections in the club mirrors.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    FONDL - Absolutely agree with you, and I play the same kind of game as well. So many dancers appreciate it when they realize you're not just there to stare at her other assets. I think they find the eye contact as less objectifying. When ever a dancer asks why I don't focus on other things like some other customers, I tell her that even though I'm looking into her eyes I can still see her smile, her sexy silhouette, and the rest of her beauty in my peripheral vision anyway.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    When I go up to the stage to tip a dancer, I always maintain eye contact with her the whole time and smile, I don't look at her body at all. It really sets me apart and I find a lot of girls really appreciate it, since most guys stare at their boobs or crotch. It's kind of a game with me. It makes some girls very nervous too because it's so unusual. I find that when I do this a lot of girls will immediately approach me after their dance and ignore all the other guys. Try it next time you're in a club.
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    Vflng: Pretty much right up my alley. I probably spend more time looking into a dancers eyes than anywhere else. But like you said, you've got to do it in a way that doesn't creep her out like you're a stalker or something.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    I guess it could be my personality. ----------------------------------- My favorite dancers know how important eye contact is for me. One of my favorite dancers will dance an entire four-song set while maintaining eye contact with me. At times she might be shaking her booty or giving a show to some other customer at the stage, but she'll be looking over and smiling in my direction with her bright beautiful eyes.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Not sure if you were responding to me, but if you were.... I may still be considered relatively young, but honestly, I'm not that good looking (over weight and bad complexion). Eye contact is one of the things I look for in a dancer. While some dancers actively use eye contact as part of the whole package to seduce their customers, other dancers aren't comfortable making or maintaining a lot of eye contact. I've experienced many different reactions to eye contact; some get weirded out and wonder why you're not just stareing at their breasts or cookie like every other guy. Other's seem to be pleasently surprised by a customer who maintains a long period of affectionate eye contact. One of my favorite moments is when a dancer bends over in front of you and then looks at you between her legs. Many times they expect to catch guys stareing, but I like to surprise them by being ready to make eye with them as soon as they look back. I also enjoy making eye contact with dancers through a reflection in a mirror. She'll be turned around while dancing in front of you and then she'll glance over to the mirror expecting to see you stareing her booty, but I just look over to the mirror as well and smile right back at her in the reflection.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I'm old (40) and out of shape. I like the young dancers. I thinking that your getting the eye contact because you're young and good looking. Or, perhaps you have a great personality. Glad to hear the eye contact isn't completely dead.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I don't think that I'm having problems receiving eye contact with people in general, but then I don't really care too much about eye contact unless the other person is a hottie. Occasionally, I will meet people of other cultures whom I believe avoid eye contact as a sign of respect.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    It's not just dancers, it's people in general. Making eye contact when talking to someone is a basic social skill which many people never learn. When you make eye contact you're telling the other person that you're interested in what they have to say. When you don't you're sending the message that you find them boring.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    I can't speak for the "olden days" (still in my 20's), but eye contact is definitly a lost skill amongst many dancers. Personally, I think that dancers just get used to seeing guys stare at the other parts of their anatomy so they no longer bother trying to make eye contact. Me, I make A LOT of eye contact, and my favorite dancers enjoy making a lot of eye contact as well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion