tuscl

Giving up your table ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Just read a Follies ATL review where the custy was sitting at a table and a waitress came up to him and told him he needed to give it up b/c someone had bought it.

I've noticed SCs where there are tables w/ “Reserved” signs on it – but can a club with apparently open seating (no reserved signs) ask a custy to get up and give the table to someone else – I'm no fucking lawyer but this seems unfair and perhaps illegal to me – there are a whole bunch of tables; why pick out one PL and tell him to get the fuck out?

15 comments

• Subraman
    9 years ago
    So, the big thing we don't know is, if this was just "waitress shit". There was a customer not buying very much food or alcohol, taking up space at a table that should be money-generating for the waitress, so she made something up to get him to leave. Still asshole-ery, just pointing out that we don't really know whether this is club policy or waitress shit.

In any case, as someone who SCs only on very slow times, this is something I've never had to deal with. I have heard lots and lots of stories of guys who weren't ordering liquor getting kicked out of their tables by bouncers or waitresses, though. Another downside of busy-time clubbing. It's a funny contrast to when I went clubbing a couple of months ago with two buddies of mine. We went to a club we hadn't been in 2 years -- completely new girls and management, so we were basically brand new customers. The 3 of us walked in, I picked the nicest table with the best view, picked up the RESERVED sign and tossed it onto the bench (I'm being literal here), then the 3 of us sat down. No one ever said shit to us. Why would they, there were only 4 customers total in the club, and if 3 of us walked just because they wouldn't let us sit in a reserved table in an empty club, I don't think the girls would have been too happy. 'course, we WERE prepared to walk, because we know strip club management is more about "never let a customer get anything for free, even if it makes them happy and gets them to spend more", but in this case, they were sane.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    A club can legally tell you to give up a table with no problem in most circumstances. The club has a right to make rules for how the business operates. But issues could arise if this were applied in a way that caused discrimination, for example only people of one race or sex were ever asked to move.

But if a club did this to me it might be my last time there unless they were nice about it. For example, give me a few free lap dances, or at least a free drink and food, and I might get over it.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I might not give up on the club entirely, but would give up on the shift. Plain and simple, it is a sign that it's a seller's market, and it just doesn't make sense to me to try to have a good time in that kind of environment.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I'm never at Follies at night but I believe that those high back chairs next to the wall are reserved.

I did have an experience on the day shift once. A black waitress came over with 2 black customers in tow and told me that they had just bought my table and I had to move. I called her bluff and she finally gave up and took them over to the other side of the room. Later I talked to my bouncer friend about it and he said "We don't do that shit here. If it ever happens to you again, come and get me".
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    o me it seems there should be a clear delineation of paid vs non-paid seating – just picking someone at random and saying “get up so-and-so is going to sit here” does not sound legal to me – why not ask some other table?

Nothing in the review stated the PL was not drinking and just sitting there – usually in cases like this is some PL walking in a club and deciding he is more special than the other PLs that are already there and giving the staff $$$ to get him a table but sometimes he may not be cognizant than the staff “accommodating *him*” usually means getting someone kicked out of a table that got there b/f him.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Might get my ass kicked out, but my response would have been "no one paid me anything for my table, where's the cash?"
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I rarely pay for a booth, but did on a very busy night. A group of 4 guys came in and asked me how much. I said $50.

They paid it. Suckas. Lol
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I would not give up my table to someone else. However, one time I was at a club alone at a table with 4 chairs. Around 11PM the club became very crowded. The bouncer came over and asked me if a black couple could share my table. I said sure. I only needed 1 seat.

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ weren't you afraid of those black people - I'm surprised they didn't beat you up and take your table
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    Interesting thread. Subra man has impressed me with his knowledge and logic. I love a seller's market, especially being a 40 year old entertainer;)
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I had that happen once at one of the clubs in Topeka, Kansas once. It was the night they had drag races nearby, so they all hung out at the strip club afterwards. I decided if they told me to move that I was moving....out the door.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Subraman states, "Another downside of busy-time clubbing." I'll take it the other way. Another upside to sitting at the bar.
  • alldaylong
    9 years ago
    I call waitress bullshit. If someone bought my table that cash better go to my pocket.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I got asked to move to another table and decided to move out and on my way home. Just ruins it for me when I have my perfect seat.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    That happened to me four different times within a few months at Follies not long after I started going regularly. Always on the day shift. Each time, I was sitting in Shadowcat's corner seat, and it was the floor manager, not a waitress or anything.

He was apologetic and offered to comp me a VIP and drinks. I told him I wasn't ready for a VIP, and I'd had enough to drink, thanks. He offered to find me another seat, but I told him I can take care of myself. Just try not to make a habit of making me move, or I'd start to take it personally.

Twice, it was the Falcon's player John Abraham. He'd have some fat ass Latina dance in front of him while he made it rain on her. In less than 30 minutes, he was out of there, and I took my seat back.

The manager hasn't done that again with me, not since about three years ago. In fact, once when a group of trash talking drug dealers and hos tried to make me move, they called him over, but he told them to leave me the fuck alone and made them apologize to me, which was pretty funny. He told me to let him know if anybody else tries to mess with me.

It can seem unfair, but there's no way it's illegal. The only discrimination is against guys who aren't established regular spenders and in favor of those who slip a big bill to the manager or waitress.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion