tuscl

Member complaints

Shekitout
South Carolina
Instead of using the topic I started about posting photos on chat which has deterioated into a complaint department let's post complaints under this topic. Be careful with what you say because I know from personal experience you can get your VIP memebership cancelled.
Shadowcat's last post under Photos on chat causes me to think that in 2003 the quantity of clubs reviewed counted for more than the quality/length of the review especially in light of some reviews being only 2 lines in length. ShotDisc has a valid complaint if his 2 line review was rejected. Get in, accomplish your mission and get out! Some can say in 2 sentences what others might say in 10-20!

38 comments

• ArtCollege
    20 years ago
    Founder: you're doing a good job. Thanks. Hope you're getting rich.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I take my experience during the visit into account when making the rating selection. I have given really low ratings when someone may have gotten me ticked off and a 10 when I left happy with the visit even though a club may not really have deserved it but I was in a good mood and didn't remember if I ever gave a 10 before. I just see the ratings as a personal snapshot of how you felt about the place during one visit. Maybe my alma matta just won a big football game that night and my mood was extra good too so I had a better time than normal. I think of the ratings as personal snapshot experiences of the clubs.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Casualguy, I agree that the ratings on average, including my own, are probably higher than they should be. But that's because we all like strip clubs. So even the average places seem pretty good to most of us. I've never given a place a 10 but I've probably given way too many 7's. I tend to give a great place a 9, an above-average place an 8 and an average place a 7. A place has to work hard at pissing me off to get less than a 7. I don't think I've ever given a 3, 4, or 5. If it's not even a below average 6 I give it a 2. Maybe rating on a scale of 1-5 would make more sense.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I believe the ratings may be over-rated in some people's opinions. I do use them as a guide but I read the reviews and know that one or two bad ratings out of 100 probably just means one person had a bad time. It could have been a bad experience with a single dancer or some other unusual event. However when a large percentage of the people complain about extremely loud music, that is a definite problem with the club.

On the other hand I understand the competitive urges to be the best and promote the best and to achieve the highest rankings. If this is the case, I believe many on here would be happy to see a new sub section of highest ranked clubs by regions such as Southeast, Northeast, and West. That way the site could identify highest ranked clubs within a geographical area and people within those regions could enjoy a higher ranking for their favorite clubs.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Re Shadowcat's last post, I think outlyer ratings shouldn't be counted in calculating averages. When 15 guys give a club a high rating, then someone gives it a poor one, you know the poor rating is meaningless. Throw it out of the calculation.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    A very minor complaint is it takes longer for a new club to be listed than for a review to be listed. I'd like to make the review when it is fresh in my mind--of course I could always save the review to word. Then the only question is whether the new club will be listed.

Here in Miami it seems like the best clubs, cheap black clubs with lots of action, are NOT listed. Those are exactly the type clubs that I would to use tuscl to help me locate. Of course, I like cheap white clubs with lots of action, but I don't know of any around here. Angels used to be a white club.

I don't believe the following clubs are listed: The Rolexx at roughly NW 119th Street and 27th Av, The Mint across from Walmart but hidden away, Club Ice/Club VIP at approximately NW 79th Street and I-95, Foxxxy Lady some blocks away from Club Ice. I recently sought to have Club Honeys listed . . . There must be more. And, of course there is the super club--cheap prices super babes high mileage soft music beautiful interior exterior-- I've never been able to relocate it after stumbling upon it. There were some other bars, but they would be impossible to find because NO signs NO evidence of the candy inside--I found them when I was young and completely insane. Never was able to accurately locate them during the day . . . or night . . . justluck. :)
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Perhaps if the crowds stay away from PP on the weekend and the club owners income drops dramatically, he'll start listening to complaints of extremely loud music not being well received by club goers. I gave the club a 10 the one time I went because the music wasn't that loud that night. I inquired and someone said something about a different DJ was working. The time before that I considered never returning to the club because the music hurt my ears so much because it was so loud.
  • Officer
    20 years ago
    Founder--I posted it on the discussion board about 6 or so months ago. It was entitled "tips for club reviewers." I know you saw it because you sent me an email saying you saw it and liked it. I listed everything that a reviewer should include when writing a review (number of girls, quality of girls, drink prices, level of nudity, cover charge, etc.). But I don't know what happened to it--it was eventually deleted from the discussion board so I hope you saved it.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I'd like them to keep the old reviews especially for the small clubs. I'm a history buff sorta. I remember so of the old reviews . . . I don't know if it was this site . . . about club xyz and that history is interesting. I remember $1 giant beers at the strip clubs, but without the old reviews I'm left wondering if things were really so much better in the old days. The answer is HELL YES!!! :)
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    First time in under the new format. I like the set up, but agree the type is a little small. Since I have been reprimanded for providing reviews that are too short, i would like to make some suggestions. I think that number ratings are important if done honestly. if a club is a 2 to you, give it a 2. if it is a 10, give it a ten. but also make sure your review backs up your rating. number of lines should not be important. content should be. If review a club by saying it sucks and give two sentences of valid reasons that should be enough. Having a min. # of sentences forces guys to give too much fluff.

Second point. i think that a members total number of reviews since they joined should be posted. my current review count is 10, but since i joined a couple of years ago, i have posted over 120 reviews. seems as though when a review disappears so does the credit to the reviewer.

I agree that a "regional" map would help alot when trying to determine where clubs are in an area. The adult throw-away mag Xcitement does a fantastic job in the South Florida market. it offers a map of the three main areas, and shows where each club is. makes club hopping so much easier.

Thanks for the chance to be opinionated
  • founder
    20 years ago
    officer- where did you submit the review guide to? i didnt get it
  • Officer
    20 years ago
    First of all, I think this is a great site and I really like it. But here are some suggestions for improvement: when a club has only a single review, that review should not be deleted for being too old. For example, I posted a review for Monty's in Victoria, BC. It was up for a year and then deleted for being more than one year old. Then for 6 or 8 months after my review was deleted, there were no reviews for Monty's. Finally someone else submitted a review. I'm sure that people looking for a review would have liked to have read my review even though it was more than a year old. As far as geography, when someone goes to U.S. clubs and then goes to a particular state, the clubs are currently listed by individual city. However, with thousands of cities and towns no one is going to know where each town is located. So this section should be revised SO THAT THE CLUBS ARE LISTED BY GEOGRAPHICAL AREA. For example, for Florida all the clubs in Miami-Dade County should be listed together in one section. All the clubs for Fort Lauderdale-Broward county should be in another section. All the clubs for West Palm Beach-Palm Beach county should be in another section. That way someone looking for Miami-area clubs could see all the clubs at a glance without wondering where some small town is located. Also I have noticed a lot of reviewers do not provide details that I consider important. So I submitted a guide for club reviewers to follow. I would like to see this guide published so that club reviewers could follow it when submitting reviews. However, these are only small complaints because this is a great site! Good work, founder!
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    You could give two weeks extra free membership for members giving approximate distance and time to each nearby strip club(s) along with the club names. This section could be linked by club name (maybe). Might need a disclaimer that this info is not verified so miles and time may be off.
  • founder
    20 years ago
    justified- we would love to add that feature, we just dont have the resources or know how... any tips anyone?

as for limiting threads... You know I am not in favor of that... but I think there is something we can do to solve the problem you're having... look fo it soon
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Shadowcat, I agree. I try to give as much factual information as possible in my reviews so the reader gets a feel for what the place is like. And I usually avoid giving comments about specific dancers since everyone's taste is different. I think the numerical rating is the least important part of a review. I think it does serve a limited purpose (eg. deciding which reviews to read) and I'm glad they exist.

Founder, I like to see a limit on how many threads an individual can start, so we can cut down on all the nonsense threads from annoying people like RL.
  • justified
    20 years ago
    I love this site and since I travel for a living, I use it often. I have a suggestion. I wish that when I search for a city or zip code that a map could be displayed that showed all the strip clubs in that area. This would be great for us out of towners that don't know if a club is close by checking the address.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I have an old laptop and have no trouble reading this size text. I like it because you can see a lot of text without having to scroll.

Regarding numerical club ratings, they're probably a necessary evil. But it's hard to be objective because how good a time you have is a direct function of who you happen to hook up with. I've had great times in terrible clubs and vice versa. The other problem is that most clubs are very different places depending on whether you go during the day or at night, especially on weekends. I try to be objective by starting with 10 and subtracting for everything I don't like about a place. I get a kick out of reviews that rate a place a 10 and then proceed to tell you everything that's wrong with it. Makes you wonder what the rating would be if they fixed all those shortcomings.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I am using a 17" monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution. I can read the text but it would be easier and faster to read the text if it was just a bit bigger.

Another note: I can click on View then on text size to change the text size but it has no effect on this site except to change the size of the header.
  • founder
    20 years ago
    casualguy- What size monitor do you have?

kyle- I am not a big numbers fan either, but ratings sure help the guys make a decision without having to read a bunch of reviews
  • founder
    20 years ago
    also CG - What resolution is it set at? I have a 15" laptop with 1024 X 768 and the text is very readable to me...

Is anyone else having a hard time seeing the text?
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Founder,

Yes, it helps make a decision. Too often I think the wrong decision especially where there are NOT enough reviewers. I have NO problem putting a number on a strip club IF I know the club or if it is a scam joint.

I think the game is too tilted in favor of the big clubs. They get the reviews and it evens out. The small club may have a super product it is a question of timing. Some guys might veto a club just because quality at all hours might be the highest criteria. Fair enough. But, the dump with awful reviews may be very deserving of patronage. One visit, two visits. Sometimes you just have to get into the mix to have the life impacting experience. Big clubs have their place and many are top notch. I just hate to see the little guys get completely stomped because often that is where the quirkey charm shines.

I remember living at Angels. Can't imagine trying to do that at the big clubs. Usually too loud and too expensive to stay all night day after day. To me, especially when I drank like there was no limits, the bars ruled. Day after day, night after night. Add stunning women and that there is heaven. :)
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I still think the text is too small on reviews and discussion threads. The small stuff elsewhere is ok since that's not something I read anyway. In fact I believe the text on this site is the smallest of any on the net that I read. Oh well, this site was ok while it was still readable. I believe programmers have the problem of making programs not user friendly by making everything too small to try to fit as much as possible on a screen. Making the text bigger would be better when it comes to reading.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hello Founder,

When I review a club I don't like to be required to give a rating. Unless I'm really familiar with the club it is NOT great idea for me to say this is 1 or 2 or whatever based on a single visit. And, yes I'd still like to leave a review because although I can't fairly give a rating I can describe what I saw at particular moment.

For example, one of the really best clubs by far in Miami, was a club called Cherries. If you visit this club at the wrong time you'll think it is garbage. And, you'd be dead wrong. I kick myself for NOT giving it more chances when I was younger. The club was killed by a church that bought with a plan to kill adult entertainment in that area.
    Did an excellent job. :(

Anyway, Cherries had some of the hottest sweetest bestest dances that I've had anywhere. I got to know the old prostitute (she was man crazy and didn't like females too much) and she knew strippers and prostitutes. I trust this woman 100%. She delivered again and again. And, I'm NOT easy to make happy. The only negative is that these--super stars strippers set--their own hours. Which given the quality I'd gladly accept their wacko hours. Yes, this was total heaven and the price was cheap for the quality. It still costs $$$, but it was an experience. I was stopping in at all hours. :)
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Founder, I think you have done an excellent job here. I especially like the fact that this site doesn't take up a ton of memory. I have an old computer without much memory, and a lot of sites have become so fancy that I can't even load them anymore. Not everyone is such a computer junkie that they're willing to run out and buy a new computer every year. Thanks for keeping it plain and simple.
  • Shekitout
    20 years ago
    Damn, Shadowcat, why do you care about reviews at CA clubs in the first place? Was it the length of the review or its content? I would like to know how the review got posted in the first place if it was nothing more than a complaint because when I put complaints about the club in the review, my review gets rejected. For instance for my latest review I got an email saying 'Problem with review' but when I opened it up there was nothing there to say what the problem was. I replied there was nothing in the email and founder replies resubmit! I didn't save it.
    Do you frequent those clubs on trips to CA? Also Recent Chat is still on the site unless it was added after founder got your complaint.
    Text is a mite small and for sure will give you eye strain after awhile.
    Cast my vote against the revamping unless the text is made larger. What was wrong with the original setup to start with?
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I liked the text bigger. It was alot easier to read without getting real close to the computer screen. I don't plan on discussing too much more on this site if the text stays this small.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Founder, if you want to know what size text I believe works better for display in discussions and in reviews of strip clubs, you can visit http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thre…
    as an example of a popular site where thousands of people routinely post discussions. That site is much easier to read than this small text. If you are wondering, it's free to view and free to register. The home site is at http://www.abovetopsecret.com but I posted a link to one of thousands posted discussion threads.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hmmm . . . I miss the recent club chat as well.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Pictures of different clubs inside and out, along with some of the employees would be nice . . . unfortunately, I don't most clubs would go for that and there's the old copyright buggaboo. If the law was honest, that is like saying if I had god like powers, then there be NO problem giving a more visual feel to these clubs along with the reviews . . .
  • founder
    20 years ago
    guys... im not here to piss you off... it's just supposed to be fun... ya know?
  • founder
    20 years ago
    and speaking of complaints... what do you think of the new format?
  • founder
    20 years ago
    there are these things called time zones... I think this new server must be in hawaii...
  • founder
    20 years ago
    recent club chat was one of the least used pages... but you're the second person to say they miss it
  • Shekitout
    20 years ago
    I guess ALL the other memebers are too chicken shit to list a complaint but I'm sure there are some. Nothing's perfect is it? What a bunch of wussies!
  • Shekitout
    20 years ago
    I personally know Shadowcat has complaints he's expressed in emails to me. Post them to this topic, why don't you?
  • ralphyboy
    20 years ago
    My "favorites" box is empty, and can find no way to create a list of favorites. Nothing on 'update' or 'my page' to indicate way to add clubs to Favorites box
  • founder
    20 years ago
    when you are viewing a club, there is a link to add a club to your favorites. If the club is in your favorites, the link will say remove from favorites
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi ralphyboy, to add to your favorities go to the strib club reviews then find your club and and click on it. At the end of the review it will have a link to add to you favorities. If your strip club is NOT among the strip clubs in the strip club review section you need the founder to add it first and then just follow the steps above.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion