tuscl

Actuarial Science

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I got a text yesterday from an old favorite that one of her best friends was found dead in a motel room. It's a suspected OD.

That makes 5 people people that I know that have died in the past 12 months who all have a connection to a Lansing, Michigan strip club. Lansing it's not big ol' Detroit. A small city of about 113,000 people.

3 were strippers that OD'd
One was a long time DJ in his 40's
One was married to a dancer. Before he got married he was a regular, almost daily customer of the club. Granted, he was a thug who sold pharmaceuticals to the dancers and ended up getting shot on the head, so maybe it's just part of the risk.

I dunno. 5 young people (4 from the same club) that passed away over the past year seems like a lot to me.

10 comments

• JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It is.

What drug?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The one from yesterday has not yet been confirmed but heroin was the other two
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    It's the nature of the mini sub-culture of strip clubs, motorhead.

I could make the same observation about my industry. Fatal accident rates are far higher in the oil patch than in society as a whole. I have witnessed more than I care to remember. Thankfully, though, just one of them was one of my employees.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "It's the nature of the mini sub-culture of strip clubs, motorhead."

Brilliant point! Interesting to know if this particular club has a higher rate of OD's than expected for people embedded in the strip club culture, but the rate has to be normalized to that expectation

"I could make the same observation about my industry. Fatal accident rates are far higher in the oil patch than in society as a whole. I have witnessed more than I care to remember. Thankfully, though, just one of them was one of my employees."

Sorry to hear about even one!

• zef8mich
    9 years ago
    The heroin could be cut with fentanyl. There's an heroin overdose epidemic in Bay City.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index…
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I have no idea how many people I used to know or met a few times are dead now.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It sounds like that club has a heroin problem.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    That's just sad.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Yes. I've been hearing about the heroin overdoses and it being cut with fentanyl. The police are trying to track down the supplier of it, but it's obviously not that easy of a task to do.

Recently in Dearborn Heights (a suburb of Detroit) a police officer and his friend were found OD on this type of heroin that had been cut.
    Bad, bad, stuff.
  • zef8mich
    9 years ago
    Motorhead mentions pharmaceuticals being sold to dancers. This article mentions fentanyl and blames the reemergence of heroin on the crackdown on pill mills.

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/06/22/5861…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion