tuscl

Rating the Raters . . .

Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:16 AM
Probably not a good idea, but what about reviews being rated like amazon does? I'm sure some people don't appreciate my review style and would like to complain. I don't generally care for 1 or 2 line reviews. For example, some reviewers may think this is an adequate review: DANCERS HAVE SMALL TITTIES. MANAGER IS NAMED BILL. AVOID. Yes, this may fully express the reviewer's thoughts. I think a review should do a little more. Like what color was the ceiling? :)

9 comments

• FONDL
    20 years ago
    Ever notice that for some clubs at least, whenever someone writes a bad review almost immediately someone else will post an excellent one? Makes you wonder.
  • ArtCollege
    20 years ago
    When I read a "10" review, I click on the reviewer's name to see his reviews of other clubs. If this is his only review, or he only reviews the one club and it's always a "10," I figure he owns the joint.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    You could say my reviews are biased. The rating I give depends on how the dancers and the club in general treated me that night. If you have a bad experience at the club and nothing offsets that, I will give a bad rating even if everyone else gives a club a 9 or 10 and visa versa.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I also think a lot of reviews are phoney - the guy's never been there - and that's why there isn't much detail.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    A good review gives me a feel for what a club is like, eg. how expensive, how friendly, how much hustle, gentlemens' club or local bar or something else, nude or topless or bikini, type of private dances if any and how much and if touching is allowed, full bar or BYO or juice bar, hours of operation, type of dancer mostly, opportunity to sit and talk with a dancer or not, located in safe area or not, and any real problems like music too loud or too smokey or overly dirty.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    i think reviews should be as long or short as the reviewer wants or needs them to be. some of the best reviews i have ever read were short, and to the point. most of the time they helped me avoid really bad clubs. I know i have personally done some very long reviews and some very short ones. depends on how i felt about the club, the dancers, the experience. have been reprimanded by the founder for a few short reviews. if people want to rate me. go for it. to me honesty and realism definitely outweigh the number of words or sentences in a review.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    I think some of the longer reviews are written by people who just like to see their words on the screen, or by people who feel their opinion is superior to others.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat, I didn't realize those were new guidelines . . . they seem very similar to the guidelines I thought were there when I posted my first review.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Minimum of 25 words, presumably in understandable English.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion