tuscl

I hate all these robo calls and political or donation calls

I'm on a do not call list but someone thinks all these robo calls are ok.
a few months ago I got a message saying it was an IRS agent and that I should call then immediately regarding an important manner.
Scam, big time. The IRS always sends letters first.

Now in the last few days a robo call from 1-843-494-5482 calls multiple times a day without leaving a message. I just blocked them.
I really thought the government's Do Not Call List would work better than this.
We need a new do not call list where you can opt out of all political calls or just don't want anyone calling you don't know who wants me to donate money or something else.
My rant today.
it does no good that I can tell to report these people to the federal do not call list because they claim to be exempt or something or keep changing addresses.
At least I have caller Id and don't have to bother picking up the phone but they still wake me up if I'm sleeping odd hours or just become a nuisance.

10 comments

• sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    They just called again just a second ago. My phone rang then said call blocked. I wonder how many times they will call with the number blocked?
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'd like an option on the robo calls that says, press 3 to send poltergeist to haunt and disturb the hell out of the people behind the phone calls.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Political and campaign robo calls are exempt from the do-not-call restriction. Handy, huh?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Send them a stick of dynomite to fix their robot with
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

How to deal with those unwanted calls.,,.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB5…
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Lol^. I'd like to replay one of those sometime.

I did have a dancer tell me about how she handled telemarketers before there was a do not call list. she laughed about it. Told me she bought some kind of farting machine noise maker. Guy called, she told him she just ate a bean burrito and to hold on. She sent the machine running making all kinds of noises. Came back to the phone after 5 minutes, he was still listening, lol, put him on hold again and again until he hung up.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I just checked my phone, that one robo call was made 16 times to my house. They called earlier on the weekend. Probably the reason I felt more tired this weekend. I guess this is all acceptable to the governments do not call list.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'd like to see a robo caller keep calling some politicians every hour while they are trying to sleep and see how long they think it is acceptable. All calls on the weekend and during the days as well should be banned except maybe between 4 to 8 pm so that people working or up on late shifts are not in danger of a wreck due to sleep deprivation.

I guess I will just turn my phone off next weekend.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    My Alma mater robocalled me. They used to have students do it for $8 an hour.

Anyways, block the number, shark.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    It's been blocked. They were calling my home phone. my home phone still rings once on blocked calls though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion