tuscl

Judge Orders &1 Million Returned to Exotic Dancer

dw.buck
having fun
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:34 AM
[view link] anyone really believes in a "15 year career" a stripper saved a million dollars. is this really possible and how many believe this story? A federal judge has ruled that Nebraska cops must return over $1 million confiscated at a traffic stop from a woman who saved the money $1 at a time during her 15 year career as an exotic dancer. The money belongs to Tara Mishra, 33, of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., who began putting aside her earnings when she started dancing at age 18, according to an opinion U.S. District Judge Joseph Bataillon wrote last week. The money was meant to start her business and get out of the stripping business, the judge wrote. State troopers confiscated the money in March 2012 when they pulled over Rajesh and Marina Dheri, of Montville, N.J., for speeding in Nebraska, according to court documents. The Dheris are friends of Mishra and had been given the cash so they could buy a nightclub in New Jersey. Mishra would own half of the business and the Dheris would own the other half. Mishra had packaged the money in $10,000 bundles tied with hair bands and placed in plastic bags, and it was stashed in the trunk of the Dheri's rented car, which the Dheris were driving to Chicago. When they were pulled over for speeding, a state trooper asked the Dheris if he could search their vehicle, which they allowed, Bataillon explained. The state trooper found the money and after suspecting it was drug money took the Dheris into custody, according to the judge's opinion. But police did not find any evidence of drug activity in the car and a K-9 analysis found only trace elements of illegal drugs on the cash, according to Bataillon. Neither Mishra nor the Dheris could not be reached for comment. "The government failed to show a substantial connection between drugs and the money," Bataillon wrote in his opinion. "The dog sniff is inconsequential…The court finds the Mishras' story is credible…Ms. Mishra did have control over the money and directed the Dheris to deliver the money to New Jersey for the purchase of the business." Bataillon ordered that Mishra receive cash or a check in the value of $1,074,000 with interest.

27 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    Strippers are very frugal. They can easily save $1 million. I, for one, believe everything they tell me.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    It would require a level of dedication and discipline I've have never before witnessed from a stripper. She lived with her parents and never spent s dime She didn't do drugs She never paid any taxes
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    Especially since I'm sure they read Dougsters investment strategy. That alone would make her a million. I can't wait to find out which club they buy. I'm sure it will look like "a million bucks" !
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    This civil forfeiture crap is mega-bullshit. She should not have to perjure herself just to get her own (or her pimp's) money back. The Feds are probably going to get her for income tax evasion anyway.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    If you like math... If she worked 15 years, 5 days a week and took 2 weeks off for vacation a year, that would be her saving an average of $251 a night.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I would think it's unlikely she paid taxes on that but there's no mention of it...?
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    The IRS is too busy hunting down groups that have "tea party" or "constitution" in their names.
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Someone has to pay the 18,000,000,000,000.00 debt we are ringing up.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    A million, no idea, but I do know my ATF did quite well. She likely doesn't have to work now, but does. She is in the aviation industry. She always loved planes and to fly. We were going to get our pilot license together, but I couldn't work it into my schedule. However, she did get hers.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Shit,thats nothing.When I first met my girl she left one of her bank statements on the kitchen counter,most impressive,lower six digits.She owns her own house,pays cash for cars,clips coupon,chases down sales.She never received help from anyone,alright maybe a few chumps.I admire her spine.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Strippers with bank accounts? Wow...I'm impressed!! My ATF has shoeboxes. Actually just one; she's not a saver! I would guess the % of strippers with a bank account is quite small; again the IRS could easily get that info and ask why she only paid a few hundred in taxes...if any at all.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I think it's all relative. We have all read articles about the grocery store clerk that died and left millions in his will. He had a meager income but never spent it. In many industries it's the same issue so I'm sure there's plenty of strippers who are frugal although the percentage of frugal strippers compared to frugal factory workers is probably much much lower!
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    My girl used to report 100% of her cash intake.Boy did I put a stop to that.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    rock, My ATF used a safe deposit box. No interest, but then losing .5% interest and not paying 30% tax works out well.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I don't think you should have to prove to the government anything to get your own money back. one million, it might be possible. rare but possible. I hate to think if she just had a little bit of drugs in her car, the police might have kept it all and the car. She should immediately put the money in a bank or safe place because someone would pay good to rob her now if she kept carrying that much cash.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's not common but it's not unheard off – as shailynn mentioned one often hears stories of people of avg means whom have saved a fortune over time. The article states she is from Rancho Cucamonga, CA which I believe is in southern CA and may be an area of means – i.e. perhaps she was an attractive dancer that was good at it and perhaps worked in upscale clubs – such a dancer can perhaps make $100k to $150k per year if not more – not to mention if she had sugar-daddies and I would think the SoCal area is a very profitable sugar-daddy area (e.g. the former LA Clippers owner supposedly gifted his mistress multiple fancy cars and a house). So I def think it's doable – sex is a business and like many a business many can be very successful.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Perfect math Clubber.This Tuesday LoveDart and I are going to Greenville so she can talk to my Fidelity guy(12% before taxes).Now this is a girl that needs the calculator on her phone to figure out how much of a tip to leave when dining out.
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    Not probable but possible. I agree with many others on here that it is BS the government can confiscate money first before proving anything.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Many cops seem to carry out the law according to how they feel like it instead of what the law states.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I think there are $100k per year strippers out there, but to sustain that for 15 years seems difficult. And lets face it, most dancers are very short term orientated. Make a thousand - spend a thousand.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I'm sure in the big cities, New York, LA, Miami, Vegas etc, there are a quite strippers that are 9's and 10's that are making at least 100K.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    It was July of 2014 that a judge ordered Nebraska to give her the money back but I have not been able to find any follow up stories that they did and or any repercussions.
  • dtek
    9 years ago
    My guess is she'll be hearing from the IRS very soon now.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Cops will use any excuse to steal from you. There was a case in Louisiana where a sheriff a deputy seized a woman's new Lincoln and refused to return it even though nothing was found in her car or on her person and the car had been legally purchased after she had saved for 10 years to buy it. She had to go to court to get it back and when she got it back 18 months later the interior had tears in it, cigarette burns, the car had been wrecked and had 35000 miles on it and the engine had no oil in it. She had no recourse other than to file a lawsuit in federal court but could not because she did not have the money. The cops can seize you property on suspicion even if they have no proof and keep it. It is up to you to sue to get it back. The IRS does it all the time to small business owners especially gun stores. They also threaten banks with investigation and closure if they do business with small gun shops. Since businesses cannot pay their taxes except through direct bank account withdrawal it forces them out of business. Libertarian all the way. All government employees should be treated like (what the are) vermin. All politicians are sub human and should not be allowed to breed.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Damn Motörhead you've got it all wrong. Most strippers think: make a thousand spend 2 thousand! 1. The article mentioned drug residue on the money. This is very common as most money (even in your pocket) can contain drug residue on it. 2. I befriended your average run of the mill stripper in Vegas a few years back and she was making 60k a year working about 35 weekends a year, and she was past her prime. I imagine if she treated her job more seriously she could have made 100k a year being past her prime and not having to give any extras. So yes, I believe someone in a good market could pull 100k for 10 years straight if they kept their head on their shoulders.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Spend $2000 Lol. But true
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I remember one dancer who used to be hot and used to be in shape once told me she did good at a busy club at the beach one weekend making $4000 over two or three days. 100k a year seems possible if working at a busy club and a dancer knows how to work it and is hot as well. She gained an enormous amount of weight, I doubt she's making a whole lot now plus she likely has rent or hotel bills to pay, food to buy, gas, etc, so she may not have much left over. A number of dancers can't even pay the tip out fees at some clubs and get forced to borrow money from club atm's.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion