tuscl

Waitresses say strip club squeezed them on overtime, tips

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
This is a different issue than the stripper minimum wage lawsuits, because waitresses are definitely not independent contractors.
Would a strip club try to cheat its employees?

http://nypost.com/2015/04/29/waitresses-…

8 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    Maybe it's just a matter of the waitresses being able to correctly calculate their hours. :)
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    The bath room trolls are next. :)
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Because a lot of club owners and managers aren't ethical?
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    If I was a club owner, I'd be embarrassed to admit it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Sorry, until I see good hard stats, I'm not believing that strip clubs are any more likely to screw over their employees than any other business. I suspect that this is more of the agenda that women who want to earn from their sex appeal (without marrying rich guys) are "victims". And even wait staff who are in their general proximity are "victims".
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    Don't know about this case but waitresses are often screwed out of money, not just strip clubs. Several clubs I worked at listed waitresses as independent contractors and they weren't paid. Don't know how legal that is. I've been a waitress at restaurants (not strip clubs)and we usually had to tip out people like bartenders.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... The bath room trolls are next ...”

When is it our PL turn – I sure would like to get $$$ back for the times I've been ROBed; paid a cover to find out no dancers were in yet; etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... Sorry, until I see good hard stats, I'm not believing that strip clubs are any more likely to screw over their employees than any other business ...”

IDK – I often feel screwed over as a custy when I sometimes have to pay close to $10 for a bottle of water; forced to pay for parking (in some clubs even when I'm parking on the damn street); etc.

if the clubs were not screwing over their staff; they would not be losing case after case nor would they be settling out of court for millions of dollars (e.g. Ricks NYC $15 million settlement).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion