tuscl

[OT]: Baltimore Orioles

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Because of the rioting in Baltimore, Wednesday's game between the Orioles and the Chicago White Sox has been moved to the afternoon and is CLOSED to fans.

That's pretty bizarre. In my 45 or so years of watching sports I never can remember a MLB, NFL, or NBA game played in an empty stadium. It's will be weird for the players.

20 comments

• ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    I saw that...crazy.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I'm finding it harder and harder to remember that this is supposed to be a site for strip club enthusiasts and to keep my political opinions to myself. But I am getting very tired of these bottom feeders.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    WTF? motorheard = bottom-feeder?
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    @shadow ...can't enthusiasts have a political view. I think it's awesome (like sports) that people with different and some times opposing views can absolutely agree on liking naked women grinding on their junk. Nice reminder of no matter the political views, we are all horny assistance human beings fundamentally :)
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Im prettty sure Shadow is talking about the protesters.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I wonder if the players got to boo the umps like real fans
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    I'm just guessing, but, it may be that the honorable master Shadowcat was referring to the hooligans, rioters and looters as, "bottom-feeders." Perhaps we have seen a political opinion from the master.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I've heard the White Sox players have been confined to their downtown hotel.

Wondering if the outcall Backpage gitls are doing a brisk business?
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    I'm expecting the Orioles are calling Atlanta Falcons to borrow their "crowd noise" recordings
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Obviously you had never been to a montreal expos home game before - their stadium was empty every home game for the entire season.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ^^^

LOL. Good point

I remember "Le Grande Orange" (Rusty Staub) playing for the Expos when they were an expansion team. Useless trivia -- Staub in only one of three players to hit a homerun BEFORE the age of 20 and AFTER the age of 40.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Oh man, the expos.

Some of the NBA teams who were tanking for the draft lottery probably played to mostly empty stadiums.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    The first 5 years of the Padres were pretty dismal........6-8,000 a year
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I certainly was not talking about motorhead. Where were these "protesters" when OJ Simpson got away with murder?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    NBA teams tanking still have some crowds. I remember seeing Montreal games where there probably wasn't 100 people in the stands for some weeknight games.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    I recall being able to buy game day front row seats for....ta da...the New England Patriots. We spent 10 years driving 40 miles just to catch the game on tv due to blackouts. Then again I am old so I can recall seeing them play in Fenway Park and Harvard Stadium.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Ironic shadow. OJ got away with it because Mark Furman, and to some degree his partner, were yet more of these thugs disgracing the rep of good police. And because of prosecutors who wink at thug "cops".
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Couldn't watch it but I was interested to see a completely empty stadium. Saw a little video online of the game and the stands. Players talked about how quiet it was and how they could hear everything being said by the other team and the PA announcer which they never get to hear.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Speaking of the Montreal Expos – their cunt of an ex-owner (Jeffery Loria) is the current owner of my Miami Marlins and in similar fashion to the Expos Loria has the lowest payroll in MLB and until recently just like w/ the Expos traded away any star he had on his team so he would not have to pay him.

Marlins atteandance has been dismal for many years and Loria is hated in Miami almost as much as Fidel Castro.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    From what I understand, this happens in European soccer once in a while.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion