tuscl

Colorado & Legal Pot

I was looking at an article the other day about the unintended consequences of pot legalization in Colorado. The article was about the issues the ski areas are having with stoned skiers and boarders. Before pot smoking was done quietly, out of site and in moderation. Now it is blatant and excessive. The ski areas have always have had rules about impaired skiing and boarding. Alcohol has always been easy to police because the ski patrol could smell it and do a field sobriety test before they pulled your lift pass. With pot coordination does not disappear as markedly but judgement goes away faster than booze. Before if you were found with pot on the slopes you were asked to leave, now they can't and the Colorado slopes are much more dangerous and there is more stupid antics and collisions attributed to pot.
Plus how does a highway patrol cop determine if you are stoned and what is the limit.
None of this was worked out buy (as in bought) Gov. Hickenpooper, Consequently it is now very dangerous to ski or drive in Colorado.
I no longer will go skiing in Colorado and went to Montana this year even though it was more expensive(and as an added bonus they are less douche-bags in MT).

11 comments

• bkkruined
    9 years ago
    REEFER MADNESS!!!!

Somehow, legalizing marijuana caused a whole bunch of people who never before smoked it before because it was illegal to now smoke it, and drive (which is illegal)?
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Well, it's not that the ski resorts *cannot* ask them to leave when they find them with pot, it's just that they won't. After all, the resorts or private property, are they not? The owners can forbid any practice they want on the grounds of safety.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The best and only argument against legalization is to have a standard for impaired driving (or skiing in this case) that would hold up in court. You can measure the THC in urine or blood but that doesn't tell you if the person is high when you took the sample. You can be perfectly sober and still test positive for pot.

So for now, the police can only look for erratic behavior and ticket that. Personally I find that a better method than we do with drunk driving, because lots of people are perfectly safe behind the wheel at .08%. The ski resorts have the same issue so all they can do is revoke your lift ticket if you're acting like an idiot.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Alcohol is easier to patrol because you can smell it???? WTF. Have you ever smelled someone smoking a blunt.

This is all petty crap from anti drug zealots who want to control others so nobody has fun. If you're going to make pot illegal then you have to do the same with alcohol cause alcohol is far worse in many, many ways.

I'm going to Colo soon to buy pot and I'm not concerned in the slightest to drive. Wouldn't be concerned to ski either if I knew how.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "
    Well, it's not that the ski resorts *cannot* ask them to leave when they find them with pot, it's just that they won't. After all, the resorts or private property, are they not? The owners can forbid any practice they want on the grounds of safety.
    "

An extremely good point!

I had read on a web site for one of the German FKK clubs that one of the things they pride themselves in is that they don't have marijuana.

When I first joined someone was saying that marijuana makes them horny. So I posted, "The strippers you know aren't enough to make you horny?"

Recently someone posted that marijuana can give you a boner you can hang two wet towels on.

If this is true, then that proves my contention that declining capabilities are not really due to age, but due to psychological factors. So one way or another, Tantric Yoga, Mindfulness, something, it should be possible to exceed the two wet towels level.

SJG
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    @Tired....legalized pot smoking doesn't change anything. The stoned skiers?....they've always been there. Stoned drivers? They've always been there. It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not, stoners will get high.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Preach it mikey. I'm going to see amazing slut tonight, and I'm going high. Just because some politicians think it should be illegal because of outdated and ignorant stereotypes is completely irrelevant to me.

By the way I'm taking a taxi, just like I would if I was drinking.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^^yeah, it takes a while to get used to driving stoned. No, it doesn't make you crash into stuff, but once when i was young, I was at a stop sign a long time waiting for a green light...lol
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I ride taxis only around Denver
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I get the taxis driven by Jamaican dudes with dreadlocks and a puff of smoke comming out when you open the door...then he say yea mon...where you buy yo canibas today sir
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    "None of this was worked out buy (as in bought) Gov. Hickenpooper, Consequently it is now very dangerous to ski or drive in Colorado.
    I no longer will go skiing in Colorado and went to Montana this year even though it was more expensive(and as an added bonus they are less douche-bags in MT)."

Hickenlooper is a faggot. He was too much of a pussy to pull the trigger on the execution of the Chucky Cheese murderer
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion