tuscl

Georgia House passes Strip Club Bill

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:33 AM
Another tax on strip clubs to benefit the victims of all the non existent sex trafficking. ATLANTA — The Georgia House of Representatives passed a constitutional amendment charging strip clubs to provide services for victims of child sexual abuse. Here’s how the bill works: the charge would be $5,000 or 1 percent of revenue on adult entertainment businesses, whichever is greater. It also would increase financial penalties on people convicted of certain crimes. The funds will go toward services for victims of child trafficking. Opponents say the proposal unfairly targets the clubs which may not contribute to the problem. Lawmakers later approved a bill that gives victims more time to file civil lawsuits against people for damage following child sexual abuse. It also would prevent people younger than 18 from being found guilty of a sexual crime if they were coerced or deceived. Both measures return to the Senate for consideration.

22 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Great idea. While they're at it, the tobacco companies should buy wheelchairs for all handicapped people, gun manufacturers should contribute to a fund for orphans, and all companies that make alcoholic drinks should be required to "contribute" some of their profits to benefit the homeless.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol J69 i sooo agree lol
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    When did our country get so fucked up?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Liberals Diva, liberals... You do all the work, and I'll give your money to someone else.
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    Yes I spend a fortune on my apartment and the people living underneath me living for free had the nerve to complain that I woke them up when I got home at night
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Liberals...in the Georgia House. Okay.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    This smells more like a shakedown than a "bill". I think a "bill" should be passed that takes a percentage of each politicians net worth for the shitty ass job they do.
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    I love how conservatives are in denial and somehow think liberals are responsible for all the anti-adult entertainment stuff. It is largely family values/religious conservatives who are to blame. Lol at the idiot who thinks the state of georgia house has any liberals in it. Keep voting against your own interests with your head in the sand
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Diva you probably barely pay taxes if any. You are very likely one of those 47% who Romney said pays no federal income tax. It sure as hell isn't your money being "given away for free". Don't even get me started on the ways super rich people and companies leech the system more than anyone. Go read something maybe you'll learn about it
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I think 10% of all politicians gross pay should be immediately paid as a penalty and go towards schools and our education system. Obviously if it's ok for politicians to charge penalties for any possibly related in a million years thing, then we should enact this penalty on politicians pay. Maybe the next group of politicians that graduate from school would understand this is idiotic and decide fair play would be to enact penalties on all the retired politicians who started it. If I got elected, I would severely penalize everyone who supported the cause even if they were retired and put it towards education. Obviously the politicians are a product of a poor education system that believe in unjust taxation and penalties.
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    FYI it is a REPUBLICAN sponsored bill to take money from club owners and hand it out to a straw man. Get your facts first, then distort them as you please. [view link]
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Vote out all the democrats and republicans. Vote Liberterian.
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Agreed
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Yes, Libertarian.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    What BS. This will give clubs a reason to increase their prices. Yuck!
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    What a stupid bill.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Naytch!Whats the glue on food stamps taste like?
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Everyone thinks you can fix a problem by making a law. Government does nothing well. The government thought that they would do stigmatize unwed mothers by giving AFDC (aid for dependent children) the net result is more children out of wedlock to get more money. Where the real answer is to hold the fathers to financial responsibility for the children they father not more government money. Government involvement only ever means one thing = more government.
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Tumbling dice, how does the republican masters nutsack taste? Keep ignoring the facts and vote the wrong way then wonder why shit gets worse lol.
  • LeeH
    9 years ago
    Sorry, shadowcat. But saying "non-existent" is pure bullshit. There *are* some organizations out there who exaggerate the problem in order to line their pockets. But to say that this means the problem doesn't exist is fucking insanity.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    +1 to Papi and Shark. In addition, each time a politician says or does something stupid, they should contribute a week's pay to the general fund or maybe toward the deficit -- and get egged by a couple dozen constituents on TV.
  • canigetlaid
    9 years ago
    The amendment is very suspect to me. dont see why strip clubs were singled out to pay for "child abuse" fund. at least $5000 per club seem very steep. Easily $250000+ per year from the clubs for something unrelated to their business. i have a feeling only about40 % of what they collecy goes to what they designate it for. The whole bill just screams corruption and government overstepping their boundary imo.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion