tuscl

Mustard, ketchup, mayo

Saturday, March 28, 2015 3:23 PM
So what do you prefer on what? ketchup: burgers, scrambled eggs, french fries mustard: hot dogs, ham and swiss on rye mayo: roast beef sandwiches, BLT's Of course these are interchangeable...what do you guys like?

23 comments

• bang69
    9 years ago
    Burgers- ketchup,mustard Fries salt Hot Dogs same as a burger Ham & Swiss- mustard Roast beef- mustard
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Fries- salt and malt vinegar Burgers - pepper jack, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and Heinz 57. Hot dogs - mustard, onions, sauerkraut
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Roast beef - horseradish and mayo
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    All of it on everything
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Put some hot sause on it too
  • LeeH
    9 years ago
    This post has been brought to you by the letters "O" and "T". ;-)
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Barbecue sauce can be good on burgers, too. Ketchup and mustard on hot dogs and bratwursts; one or the other on ham sandwiches. Sometimes some shredded cheddar on scrambled eggs, along with ketchup. Chili and shredded cheddar on hot dogs, burgers, or French fries sometimes.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    I am very specific when it comes to food. Not only how it is served, but also eaten. I am pretty much a "one thing at a time" guy. Foods should not touch each other, well, some are allowed. I carry certain condiments with me in my bike, truck, and work vehicle. I always have them available. I really have so many "food rules", that if I carry on, I'd SJG this post! :)
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Clubber, You sound like my older sister. As kids, she freaked out if any foods touched each other. And she ate one thing at a time. She's a little less picky now but we are still opposites. She does not use any condiments. But everything tadtes "dry" to me. I have to have a condiment, or a sauce, for almost everything. Other one exception is steak. She would yell at me so much for using A-1 or Heinz 57 sauce on steaks - I started eating them plain about 25 years ago. And I like them plain.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    motor, When and if I get a steak, I want nothing on it. Nothing! If they season it in anyway, it goes back. One morning I was having steak and eggs at a new place. I told the waitress nothing on the steak. It looked fine. My first bite, WOW! I called her over and she tells me, "The steaks are marinated." Needless to say, I was not happy. She wanted to get me something else. My response, "No, thanks." Paid the tab and out the door.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    hamburgers and hot dogs, ketchup and mustard. I also like a tomato on the burger. Fries at home, ketchup, on the road in the car, plain so nothing spills. baked potatoes, only butter. Home cooked chicken breasts, diced tomatoes with some barbeque sauce on the side for dipping maybe with some sprinkles of cheese. A relative may add lemon juice too, I should ask in case I ever want to cook it.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    oh steak, a1 or steak sauce
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I like to be the meat in a 2 girl sandwich with lots of mayo.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I put my food in the blender and then drink it
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I like mustard, and mayonnaise is okay sometimes. But I don't really go for ketchup. It has sugar in it. But I do like A1 Steak Sauce. Are you talking about in a Strip Club? Most of the one's I've been to don't have food. I don't think food would help the business in a high mileage club either. If the place has total nudity you need to have a cover charge. But at the Brass Rail in Sunnyvale, zero mileage, an entire generation of Lockheed Engineers have come up through the ranks eating lunch there. When I go there I order a bowl of chili. SJG Jenny 867-5309 [view link]
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    SJG, Just last week I was reading a food forum and a common complaint was that ketchup seems sweeter than it was 20 years. I like it ketchup but it does seem to taste sweeter. I've bern trying different brands besides Heinz Heinz uses high fructose corn syrup. A few brands and some organics use regular cane sugar yet.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    At Carl's Junior they give you real tomato slices. I like that! I like pizza and spaghetti sauce too. I'm quite good at making both. I like Mexican style salsa too, so long as it is mild. So I like tomatoes, and no reason to add corn syrup. Thanks for the heads up about Heinz. SJG Edwyn Collins [view link] the opening footage of the listening booths is from the movie, "Empire Records"
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ Almost everyday in elementary school I had a baloney and kraft single sandwich with heinz ketchup. I was used to it but mom could have used mayo once in a while. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a treat.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    mikey, These days you'd likely get a michelle tofu whatever and a celery stick.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^yup, don't need her around either.
  • chattguy123
    9 years ago
    "At Carl's Junior they give you real tomato slices. I like that! I like pizza and spaghetti sauce too. I'm quite good at making both. I like Mexican style salsa too, so long as it is mild. So I like tomatoes, and no reason to add corn syrup. Thanks for the heads up about Heinz. SJG" Are there places that give artificial tomato slices?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Ketchup is in my mind a substitute for real tomato slices. I like the food at Carl's Junior. SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Ketchup: hot dogs; period. Mustard: hot dogs, ham, pastrami Mayo: burgers, most sandwiches
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion