tuscl

OT: "Cock Group" At Work Destroying Our Democracy Some More?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 4:19 AM
Looks like those "Cock Brothers" (as josh43 like to call them) are up to no good working to destroy our democracy once again. "Koch Group Claims California Endangers Donors by Demanding Names" [view link]

10 comments

• Dougster
    9 years ago
    Not only our economy but apparently our democracy itself are DOOMED thanks to these two evil brothers.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    At least David likes the ballet!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I like the ballet too! I like strippers more though!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    You don't go to the ballet and see boobs everywhere!
  • Josh43
    9 years ago
    “Grotesque threats have been leveled against known associates of the foundation, ranging from threats to kill or maim, to threats to firebomb buildings,” "The Americans for Prosperity Foundation sued Harris in December, accusing her of violating free-speech rights" -------------------------------------------------- Who's side are you on Douglas? I thought an aspiring oligarch like yourself would feel a kindred with Charles and David? Maybe they can make you an honorary brother? As in "Dougster Cock." And how is your quest to buy property going? Living under a bridge in the forest is probably growing tedious at this point, and may be less than ideal for your OTC activities. I think we should all have as much "free-speech" as the Koch brothers in the next election. Since this is a true democracy, we should all donate $1B in the next election as an exercise in free-speech. As far as the "grotesque threats," they may have a point there… @4got: You fit in quite nicely, here. Just as fucked up as the rest of us.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    @josh: Apparently they only tip their doorman $50 at Christmas too. Since I don't follow politics play-by-play can someone who does tell me why these "Cock Brothers" are worse than Soros?
  • Josh43
    9 years ago
    Since I don't follow politics play-by-play can someone who does tell me why these "Cock Brothers" are worse than Soros? ------------------------------------------------------- Well, I think the Koch's outspend Soros by a lot on lobbying efforts (don't have any numbers to back that up). But you raise a valid point. That's why Obama and others quite reasonably want to overturn Citizen's United with some kind of constitutional amendment. Money should not buy elections.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Ok, reasonable answer, Josh. I thought you were going to say "because Soros is on the left, while the Cock Boys are on the right".
  • Josh43
    9 years ago
    ^^^Now I don't want you to get the wrong idea: I'm as pig-headed and partisan as they come. It's just that the Koch group *alone* is raising more money than Romney did in 2012. How brilliant is that? Look to Shadow's thread and the state of Kansas to see what this country will look like under Kochtopia. The Koch corporate offices are in Wichita and Koch money helped bet Gov Brownback elected . Brownback cut taxes on businesses and top earners because that, of course, stimulates the economy. But Kansas is now in a horrible fiscal mess without enough revenues and the rating agencies have downgraded Kansas dept. Also, 4Got will appreciate the fact that Brownback signed a bill making *all* federal gun laws illegal in the state of Kansas. Cause Obama wants to take your guns…
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    So basically the Koch brothers are afraid of transparency? Don't they know that the American people just collectively don't care? Evil billionaires don't get assassinated. Truly crazy people only go after people they see on the TV box.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion