tuscl

TUSCL Members with One Review

Monday, February 16, 2015 9:16 AM
What do you guys think of someone here with just one review in two years? One of the clubs in my area that I've been wanting information about just received a decently thorough review from someone, but this is the only thing he's ever contributed to the board. No other comments, discussion posts, or anything since he joined 2 years ago. Now, there's nothing wrong with the review itself--as far as I can tell. It stresses some strong points and weak points of the club--but nothing overly specific (I haven't been there yet).

16 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Well, maybe he likes the jokes here and is on a budget?
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Shrill.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    If it's one review and it's a good one that's still better than RickyBoy's 100+ crap reviews.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Maybe he doesn't go to the clubs much.
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    I don't have a lot of reviews but only write one when I have something different to say about a club. Redundant reviews often are for those who don't want to pay for a membership. The cost to join here is cheap. This site is also a place to visit when I am bored. Is this consider to be a shrill? LOL
  • IronFox22
    9 years ago
    It's cool. I'm sure there are lots of people who like to read the discussions, etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I, as probably most PLs, tend to put more weight on folks with a good # of reviews - having said that a PL w/ just one review does not necessarily mean it's not a good nor legitimate review. There could be lots of reasons why folks don't write reviews. I myself did not start writing reviews until about 3 months after I joined TUSCL and had been on the discussion board (even though i was SCing around 1x/wk)
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Maybe he joined 2 years ago intending to write a review but got sent to prison for 2 years before he got it done. The possibilities are endless.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Might be a slow learner.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Shadowcat are you implying they don't have tuscl in prison to go with their wide screen HQ TVs? lol!
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I first signed up for TUSCL a couple years ago. My first reviews weren't for a couple more months (just used the site for research up until then) and didn't start contributing to the forums until a few months ago. Everyone has their own pace and their own priorities. If his review sounds legit and is good, he probably isn't a shill, and I wouldn't worry about it; everyone has to start sometime.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    I don't write a lot of reviews either. I try and write something worth while once in a while. But I tend to visit the same 2 or 3 clubs over and over. And I've actually had messages from the site saying that I had reviewed the club in the past 30 days so they seem to flag things like that. Just an observation that some people might not visit a bunch of different clubs if they find ones they like.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    My favorite club is the most reviewed and talked about club on TUSCL. I don't go to any other clubs anymore because I know they won't measure up. I am starting to slow down on reviewing it. I certainly don't need an VIP credit. I just do it now so that my many friends out there know that I'm still kicking and getting some.
  • Joe from NJ
    9 years ago
    Likely it was 1 review for the month of free TUSCL. And maybe after he looked around the site, he decided it was not worth the effort to write reviews.
  • LeeH
    9 years ago
    So there is now a "decently thorough review" of a club that you have specifically "been wanting information about". And you're troubled, why? Over-think much?
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    I tend to ignore reviews if written by someone with only 1 review. Best case -- they're new, but have little perspective against which to compare. Worst case -- shill (especially if the review is overly exuberrant). Having said that, come on dude, take one for the team, visit the strange club and write your own review -- it is not like 1 visit should break your bank. With 23 prior reviews, we'll more likely trust YOUR observations and opinions, anyway.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion