tuscl

A strip club coming to Cincy?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -
The Queen City could be baring it all.

There's talks of bringing the only strip club to Cincinnati. A business man has met with a few council members to discuss the idea and talk about necessary zoning changes. Even though there are no strip clubs in Cincinnati now, they are allowed.

A local business owner involved in this idea, who didn't want to be identified just yet, indicated there's interest for a strip club on Kellogg Avenue. He says the city needs a strip club, especially ahead of major events like the MLB All Star Game on the horizon.

"We have a lot of priorities in this community and pretty low low low on my list is bringing a strip club to our community," said Cincinnati Vice Mayor David Mann.

Mark Murray owns Murray's Tavern along Kellogg and he welcomes the idea.

"It's good, any kind of business as long as we can do the same thing. If all parties have the same advantage, that's great," said Mark Murray.

But why aren't there any strip clubs in Cincinnati now? Many say it's because the zoning laws and other ordinances make it challenging. Title 8, Chapter 899 of the Cincinnati business regulations cite no strip club can be open on Sundays or holidays, if there's nudity, no alcohol is allowed, and all clubs must have a sign letting patrons know they must be three feet away from dancers and not touch them.

"It's a big waste of money, I don't go anymore. I'm sure there's a lot of guys around here that would love it though. If they've got a good business plan and they've got hot chicks, guys will come," said Mike Trainer who lives on Kellogg Avenue.

If this business owner elects to apply for a zone change, Vice Mayor Mann says there's a few hurdles before anything is approved or denied.

"There will be a public hearing before my committee, the neighborhoods committee, it'll be preceded by a public hearing before the planning commission and each of these we try to deal with the merits, whether a zoning change is justified, you look at the surrounding neighborhood," said Mann.

The business owner says he'll welcome any new development to Kellogg.

"I'm sure a successful entrepreneur could go in there and probably make some money," said Trainer.

Anyone interested in applying for a strip club must also apply for a sexually oriented business license. Vice Mayor Mann says this whole process typically takes a few months.

6 comments

• tobala
    10 years ago
    Three feet away?!?!?! It'll suck as worse than Chattanooga ! Total waste of time.
  • whodey
    10 years ago
    It's about damn time !!!
    Phil Burress and his "Citizens for Community Values" had better keep their holier-than-thou opinions to themselves this time. Otherwise this potential new club could end up becoming a boys and girls club like the former Deja vu in union township did.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    "There's talks of bringing the only strip club to Cincinnati."

So there's only one strip club and it can relocate to different cities? Dang, that'll make it difficult for my next trip.

Lots of kids graduate from journalism schools every semester. Hire the ones that know how to write, even if you're a TV station.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    ^^^

My high school English teacher used the classroom pulpit to constantly rail against the poor grammar in the local newspaper. And this was 40 years ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    It would probably be so overly regulated that an air-dance would be considered high mileage.
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    The Deja Vu Club in Union Twp. was a good club. I liked going there. I'm really surprised they haven't reopened in the Monroe /Franklin area. I actually wrote corporate about relocating but never got an answer back from Larry. Larry and his brother each have sex shops downtown in Cincy. The reason the 3 ft. Law was mentioned is because that's state law now I think but it is not being enforced. The only part of the law that's being enforced is the public nudity section. That's why we are seeing pasties on girls and some girls not taking off their tops until the go private. But really I would welcome a Strip Club in Cincy no matter what the rules are because really money will make the rules in the long run.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion