Newark 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
One person was killed and another wounded when shots rang out outside a city strip club early this morning, authorities said.

Anthony Ambrose, chief of detectives for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, said 26-year-old Tywon Bandy of Cuthbert, Ga. was struck multiple times outside 21 Foxes Go-Go on Passaic Street at around 1:40 a.m.

He was rushed to University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.

A 27-year-old Newark woman was also struck in the melee, sustaining a wound to her hip. She was also taken to University, where she is listed in stable condition.

It was unclear what sparked the gunfire outside the club, according to Ambrose, and investigators were still determining whether the female victim was targeted or had any relationship to Bandy.

The parking lot outside the club nestled between Route 21 and the Passaic River was empty early this afternoon, and knocks on the door by a reporter were unanswered.

Bandy’s death was the second in a six-hour period in Newark, and the city’s 92nd homicide of 2014.

No arrests have been made in the slaying.

3 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    I'm surprised we don't see more 2am'ers in Newark. I worked with an AA girl whose BF moved to the Midwest from Newark. He went to high school with Queen Latifah, but he said the violence in Newark was like being in Beirut
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Obviously, pot was involved
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    there is a section in Newark called ironbound that has a lot of good places to eat and a lot of south American hot girls hang out there. despite that, just the fact that it's in Newark - no matter how good the food or how hot the pieces of ass are there is no way I'm going to risk my life visiting such a shithole of a city.

now check this out: I heard that Camden, new jersey is even much worse than Newark.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion