tuscl

Paying upfront for dances . . .

Wednesday, March 2, 2005 5:43 AM
With all the dances I've bought over the years only a teeny tiny number of dancers have ask for payment upfront. The only benefit to me is that saying NO to future dances is much easier. In fact, I would have been better off just saying that I'd changed mind (which is how I felt), but I thought that would be too mean and that the dancer had probably been screwed by some asshole in the past. It seems like those who feel the need to get their money upfront give lousy dances. I have no problem with a dancer wanting to be paid for after each dance or after every few dances. With some dancers it seems like seeing and receiving the $$$ makes them want to do an even better job. I do appreciate it when a dancer keeps "open count" after each dance so that there is no disagreement as to how many dances were provided. Shockingly in my experience most dancers will mistakenly under count or under multiply. I've never taken advantage in this situation because it seems like the nicest dancers are the ones who make mistakes which cost them $$$. I remember one dancer thanking me big time and then insisting I keep the money. She said she hoped it would make me eager to return. Well I was already eager to return, but that was definitely an added incentive.

5 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've been to a lot of clubs where you have to buy dances from a DJ or bouncer and you have to pay in advance. It's a poor system but when the house takes a cut they want to make sure the girls don't cheat them. Frankly I think it costs them money because it makes buying multiple dances less fun. Plus think of the PR, they're announcing to the customer that the house doesn't trust their own workers, but we're supposed to? Makes no sense. So sometimes you have to pay in advance. But I NEVER tip in adnvace and if a girl asks for one I leave.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    BTW, the $80 session sounds like a good deal. :)
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat, It is good to hear you weren't burned with a lousy dance by a dancer who wanted her $ upfront. I look like scorched earth . . . but, still give the dancer the benefit of the doubt by agreeing to 1 dance.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi SuperDude, Yes, I've often have that problem because of the type of music and the games DJs play and will insist that the dancer let me know when each dance is finished. On a good day there will be clear breaks in the music so counting is easy. Even when the counting is easy the dancer will sometimes under count or less common over count. Even when we agree on the number of dances there can be math disagreements . . . I "win" the math disagreements.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Counting dances is a problem for those of us too old to follow or understand techno music. All of the songs blend together and I really can't tell when a song/dance has ended. So I ask, but I don't like it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion