tuscl

Strip Club Trip to Detroit?

stag0069
Indiana
Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:35 PM
I'm planning a trip to Detroit (assuming that I can save up enough money for it) to make a round of the strip clubs there. I'm from Chicago. (Atlantis is my favorite club here at the moment.) I'd be interested in hearing advice on where to stay in motor city, restaurants to hit up, and a recommended strip club crawl agenda? Convenience is important to me. I plan to fly in on a weekend like Saturday morning and maybe leave Monday afternoon. I imagine I'll fly in to DTW. So, would it be easiest to start out at Flight Club? It seems like Penthouse Club is #1 so I have to fit visiting that one into the schedule? One of the clubs like Bogart's my be cool to change up the pace. But I'm concerned about planning my cab rides. Any advice would be appreciated . . . I want to remain safe. I'm thinking of cabbing it everywhere. Don't really wanna rent a car. So, I need to plan my trip wisely. I gotta start saving money.

19 comments

• AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Seems like you know something about the clubs themselves and Flight Club and Penthouse are definitely worth it (especially Penthouse; three-time out-of-state visitor myself). In terms of remaining safe, I'd hit Flight Club during the day or early evening. Yes, Penthouse is on Eight Mile, but honestly, I felt like Penthouse was in a better area than Flight Club. Eight Mile west of Penthouse isn't that bad. East of it, it starts getting iffy, at least from my experience. Also, nothing against our TUSCL brothers, but you might also want to seek out some advice over at Two Sheds, which is a Detroit-specific board. Happy hunting. Enjoy.
  • shorty4568
    10 years ago
    You really can't go wrong at either! Both clubs feature the best looking girls Detroit has to offer. I'd stay near the airport and hit up Flight Club first. Neither club is in a bad area and both have valet so its pretty safe. Save up though both have high prices on everything.
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    The Detroit strip club scene is great but the clubs are spread out all over the Metro Detroit area so you'll need transportation. It won't take too many cab rides before you've burned through enough cab fares to pay for a rental car. I recommend that you rent a car with a GPS and stay sober enough to drive around town. In addition to the Flight Club (my favorite) and Penthouse (over priced dances, be cautious), I recommend BT's in Dearborn, Players, the Cricket and Landing Strip for middle tier clubs. Bogarts and Henry VIII (either of the two Henry locations) are also fun on the dive bar end of the continuum. B
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I'm planning a trip to Detroit (assuming that I can save up enough money for it) to make a round of the strip clubs there" Ok, let me get this straight - you're planning a trip to Detroit just to go to the strip clubs? That sounds like a great idea, but I have to warn you - there will be naysayers on here, some of them "in finance" who will call your trip "frivolous" and "low priority," who'll tell you to hang onto your savings in case of "unexpected expenses" and to wait until you're "more established" to go on such a costly venture. Personally, I say go for it now, before the economic boom eliminates extras in strip clubs.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    I know a tuscl buddy from Chicago who drove to Detroit as a weekend trip
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    Try to visit on day shifts. Before 7pm. The hotter ones dance during the day and better crowd of customers
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    You go to Atlantis and you haven't been killed????? I heard that the clubs in that area are incredibly dangerous, with armed gangs in the streets snd murders every hour. You should have no safety worries in Detroit!
  • Longball300
    10 years ago
    Agree on the car rental as cabs will be $$ soon. If I had to pick a local to stay it would be Dearborn. The Comfort Inn on Michigan or Courtyard on Mercury are both nice and not overly expensive. That way you are centrally located and can get to (Flight Club / Cricket / Bogarts) heading west on Michigan. (Toy Chest / BT's / Pantheon) nearby. (Penthouse / Trummps) heading north on 39 to 8 mile and head west. (Coliseum / Tycoons / Players) up 39 and head east on 8 mile. It would be tough to visit more than one of those "groupings" in one night.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    If you're from Chicago, you should really consider driving rather than flying. Leave early in the morning and you'll be in a strip club by early afternoon. If you fly you can find a lot of chain hotels near the airport. Some clubs have a free shuttle service, and so you could call them for a ride. Clubs near the airport: 1. Landing Strip 2. Flight Club 3. Bogart's (you can walk there from the Flight Club) 4. Henry VIII North 5. Criket 6. BT's 8 Mile Road Clubs 1. Penthouse 2. Trumpps 3. Coliseum Down River 1. Subi's 2. Henry VIII South All these places should be safe. Take a cab or if you drive use valet parking.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    I doubt you could walk to bogart to flight club in this weather but they are indeed very close.
  • stag0069
    10 years ago
    Thanks to all. This is exactly the great, solid info I was seeking. I've done one other strip club trip before just to The Hip Hugger just south of Indy. And I did a brief trip to Vegas (but unfortunately that one was ill planned.) Both times taught me to save a lot and to try to plan for a few other distractions as well, not just strip clubs.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I agree with Jack. Why fly? East, fast drive once you leave Chicago.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    I would stay close to the airport. lots of hotels and you should be able to find a good rate on [view link]. Remember that a trip to Detroit is not complete without a visit the Bogart's. The talent seems to bounce between Penthouse, Coliseum, and Flight Club. You can also some times find great talent at Cricket and Landing Strip. I also agree that you need at least two nights is you are going to hit more than one area. One for Inkster and one for Eight Mile (re: _jackslash post) I would not bother with HS8 or Subi's as they are both hit and miss (more miss than hit) Ford Heights to Inkster is less than 4 hours. 260 mile $100 in gas both ways. I doubt you can get a flight for that and you will use that time flying. Time to airport 1/2 hr ? + 1 hr check in (min) + 1 hr flight + 1/2 hr to get out of airport to cab = 3 hour minimum more likely 4 or 5.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    As has been said, drive. It is only 4.5 hours and you will be able to easily club hop. Plus you save on cabs/car rental/airfare. I never fly anywhere if I can drive it in under 5 hours. Cost and inconvenience (TSA, shuttles, rental cars, taxis, etc.) makes driving a better proposition. If you don't have access to a car for the weekend, rent one from a suburban location near you for $40 a day.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Yeah – a car is pretty much a must if one wants to hit multiple SCs in a city especially if the SCs are spread out. Enterprise has weekend specials for $9.99/day (Fr – Mo) – when I was in the ATL this past weekend; I rented a compact for 3 days that came out to $37.xx (taxes and fees included). There are a couple of caveats though: + deals are only at neighborhood locations; not at the airport (and not even most neighborhood locations but most – the ones closest to the airport often don’t offer the weekend special) + there is a 100 mile per day limit – but that should not be much of an issue if one is driving locally (0.20 cents per additional mile over 100 which is not much if one is over by a few miles) + the special is only available in non-summer months (Sept – May) What I do is go to [view link] and use their filter to find: + a hotel room in my price range + a hotel w/ a shuttle (since I won’t be picking up a car a the airport) – I take the free hotel shuttle to the hotel and then call Enterprise to come pick me up + the above 2 plus a hotel within a 5-mile radius of an Enterprise that has the weekend special (since Enterprise will only pick you up if you are within a 5 mile radius of their location) I always use this system on my SC trips since renting at the airport is almost always 2x more expensive
  • stag0069
    10 years ago
    Hmm, I guess I will have to seriously consider driving? If I got used to it, I could even do it a few times a year ;-) The thought behind flying is more to get into a vacation mindset where I don't think or worry about anything. It's expensive but once I drop my car off at economy parking at Midway airport, I'd be on a red carpet ride to Detroit and then chauffeured around from hotel to strip clubs, etc. It strikes me that I did do this once before. I had a trip to Phoenix for a family event and once it was over, I cabbed it to Bourbon Street Circus I think it was. The cabs in Phoenix seemed pretty clean. I kept the cab driver's number and called him when I was done at the club. So, it's technically do-able. But, yea I need to man up and just drive it, I guess. Everyone has their preference!
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    The few times I've done Detroit, I drove. I have a comfortable but not flashy car that works well for me and gets great gas mileage. It took about three tanks of gas round-trip. There's a certain freedom to renting a car. Plus, OTC has been known to be a possibility in Detroit and, without getting into great detail, it can be easier to arrange with a car than without.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I was thinking of going this month. Would have been nice since I had an unexpected windfall of $5000 due to a conference in DC that got cancelled. But ran the numbers and need to save the vacation time for next year. Might be a nice road trip for the spring.
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    I would definitely stay near the airport. On the weekends the rates are incredibly cheap. Don't try to take cabs. It will cost hundreds of dollars unless you are only going to Flight Club or one or two other airport clubs. Weekend rentals should be available for less than $100 for the three days. Check out several types of clubs: dives, gentleman's clubs, ghetto, etc. Detroit has the most complete smorgasbord of clubs of any city in the US. Enjoy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion