tuscl

Signs of the Times: Jay Z corners the market for strip club bottle service

Positioning for the Economic Boom, Jay Z Just Bought A Company That Sells £120,000 Gold Bottles Of Champagne

http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-z-bou…

Smart man that Jay Z! So how are YOU positioning yourself to take advantage of the economic boom?

11 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago

"We have always known that heedless self interest was bad morals, we now know that it is bad economics"

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I Still think retail brokers are a great play. They will benefit from the coming boom in two main ways: a pickup in retail trading and investing; higher interest rates which means more to collect from sitting on other people's money, and loaning it out to people who want to use margin. Farmerart and I had a stock picking contest this year and my picks wete SCHW and IBKR. Still like those.

I also like some smaller shops which specialize in FX. GCAP has had been phenomenonal for me the last couple of weeks.

Select Biotechs are also good.

USD index, both leveraged and unleveraged.

My 401k is 100% vanguard inst index. In an IRA I have TWTR, UUPT, and some cash I'm saving for opportunistic buying.

Bought a bit of KORS after its earnings selloff this week. If it performs well I will add.

WYNN and TRIP are also on my watch list.

Large investor really stepped up their buying this week and it can be seen in alot of charts.

I also consider my job in finance a play on the boom.

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Also bought a bit of 3d printer XONE. It's super high octane though due to all the short interest. That one will swing around 5-10% in day like it was nothing so only for people who don't mind roller coasters and a bit of risk.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I just opened up a lemonade stand on the corner. Sales are booming.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    SLXP is one I've been watching for quite some time. Looks like there will be a little action in it today and the high frequency traders will be all over the headline. Think I'll jump into that one as well.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Slick, cuz of the drought, you might as well sell black market garden hose water
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I got lemon trees so my lemonade is heavy on the lemon, light on the ade.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    His peers could learn from him. Not all, but too many rappers have spent their money foolishly and ended up broke when they once had lots and lots of money. Same with many black athletes.

Jay-Z on the other hand has made lots of wise investments and ended up making more and more money over time. He's a smart business man. As is 50 Cent.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Dougster: " SLXP is one I've been watching for quite some time. Looks like there will be a little action in it today and the high frequency traders will be all over the headline. Think I'll jump into that one as well."

Tried to give you guys SLXP on a silver platter as well. Nearly doubled. But, oh-no, you guys would rather just circle-jerk Stevie-girl over a DOOM which never happened.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    CNBC: "Valeant and Salix agree to cash deal valuing Salix at $173 per share: Report"

Just like TWTR. Tried to hand you guys SLXP on a silver platter.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102459026
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Good day for SLXP.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion