tuscl

Finally some good news for Atlanta club goers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Oct 29, 2014 FOREST PARK GA — City Council just voted to settle a lawsuit with the owners of two strip clubs the city put out of business almost three years ago.

##The 3-2 vote was decided in a called meeting Monday night in the case brought by the owners of Pink Pony and Crazy Horse Saloon.

##Councilwoman Linda Lord and Mayor Pro Tem Maudie McCord voted against the measure, which was approved by council members Latresa Akins, Tommy Smith and Dabouze Antoine. Lord said she objected to future councils being held to the agreement.

##The terms of the agreement include the right for the clubs to operate unfettered for 15 years. They will also be allowed to serve alcohol until 3 a.m. — other clubs and bars stop at 2 a.m. — and can stay open until 3:30 a.m.

##Two of the existing strip clubs will be allowed to offer nude dancing and alcohol, but a third establishment owned by the parent company will only be allowed to serve food and alcohol. None of the establishments are allowed to have private rooms, according to the agreement.

##The city shut down both clubs in January 2012 after public hearings in November 2011. Council changed a city ordinance to allow refusal of an alcohol permit in the cases where a business license had been denied because of allegations of wrongdoing.

##Under the settlement, the clubs are immune to any other changes in the ordinance for the next 15 years.

##The clubs have sued Forest Park about a dozen times in recent years and the city prevailed in each case, even getting attorneys’ fees.

7 comments

• VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    This is good news! More choices for us consumers is always better.

Shadowcat, you gave lame ass excuse that you had to stop at Gold Rush as you forgot to take a piss before leaving Follies. Will you drive the other direction home so you must stop at Crazy Horse Saloon in the future??? lol!

Seriously this is great find. Keep up the good work my friend.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Dawg - Since I moved these clubs are right on the way home. :)
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    In that case, you will NEVER piss at Follies again. ::::)))
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Finally our PL civil rights being defended and upheld.

But the part about VIP rooms not being allowed def sucks and I wonder if the clubs will be kept on a short leash at least in the short term.

I will be in ATL for the 3rd time in 3 years all just to SC – in my last trip I spent abut $3k “contributing to the local economy” ($3k counting airfare; hotel; and car rental) – i.e. SCs generate business; jobs; and tax dollars – more municipalities should be more pro-business (including SCs) b/c of the tax $$$ and jobs they will generate.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I will be in ATL for the 3rd time in 3 years all just to SC – in my last trip I spent abut $3k "

I have no issue with how you spend your $350k/yr, Papi, but you know some people on here see that as frivolous and low priority
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    That's great news
  • joewebber
    10 years ago
    the hallways and no doors or curtains on those vip rooms means that they will stay that way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion