tuscl

Pasta at at Strip Club

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
The New York Post reviews "The 5 sketchiest dishes in New York City", including pasta at a strip club.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/18/the-5-sketc…

My regular strip clubs have pretty good food. Have any of you experienced especially bad or good strip club meals?

18 comments

• PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I used to really enjoy the burgers at Schieks back in the Twin Cities; thought they were among the best in the area. Then they got a five-star gourmet chef and the quality of the burgers plummeted.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    In general, I'm dubious of strip club food. I'm also a little skeptical that a top chef would move to a strip club kitchen, unless he had fallen on hard times. Perhaps he developed #sausage.fingers and could no longer cook properly.
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    Most clubs I frequent don't have food. Some of the clubs in Toledo Ohio serve a complimentary buffet of pizza and pasta. Some in the Dayton area do the same. All I've ever tried is the pizza. It was ok. Kinda like Dijourno boxed fresh from the freezer. Lol !
  • motorhead
    10 years ago

What does a blonde stripper and a bowl of spaghetti have in common?

They both wiggle when you eat them.

• grand1511
    10 years ago
    It cracks me up that the local Deja Vu offers free hot dogs after midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Eating a hot dog (at least by dudes) is the last thing we should want to do at a strip club! Not that there's anything wrong with it in other locations!!!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "My regular strip clubs have pretty good food."

How's the Wagyu?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Atlanta Cheetah has a 4 star restaurant named Alure that the reviews say is very good but not cheap. I rarely eat at a strip club. Food is not why I go. However Follies serves a pretty good free buffet 7 days a week at 4PM. I have eaten it several times. Wings, mac & cheese, BBQ riblets, etc. Usually 4 choices. I've never heard any complaints.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    "My regular strip clubs have pretty good food. Have any of you experienced especially bad or good strip club meals?"

Can't say that I have.

In all my visits, I've only decided to eat something like two or three times. A couple of times, it was the free buffet at Pure Pleasure. Its not great, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. Somewhere in between.

The other time was at the Candy Bar. Basically, after you pay your cover charge, they would give you a free lunch which was like a small steak and fries. It was just OK.

I've never tried food at the Paper Moon, but I have a feeling its pretty good. The Paper Moon is more upscale, so it would make sense that the quality of the food would be good.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Clams and crabs, clams and crabs.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    The local Deja Vu periodically orders in Pizza for the customers. It's not worth going just for that, of course. Apparently, the quality of dancer has gone up there lately, but I just can't get over the $12 cover charge. Even with "free" drinks.

Another local club tends to have pot luck dinners every once in a while on somebody's birthday, especially the managers'. They have a "wall" with a two or three foot wide top, almost as long as the bar is, that they just lay the food out on. Customer's are free to imbibe as well. Hell, one night one of the managers ordered in a couple of pizzas for herself and her friend. When they arrived, they started asking customers at the bar if they wanted some.
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    I had a sandwich at NYC Gentleman's club...that shit was GROSS. I only did it to get rid of some of the tipsy feeling that the water couldn't do. Certain clubs do good job, like G2K don't mind eating their burgers and their steaks FANFUCKINGTASTIC....but that's the only club. I'll keep soldiering around and see what's the verdict at other places.
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    I seldom eat in strip clubs. The only regular exception to this rule is Dancers in Indianapolis, which I ordinarily visit at about noon. The $3 daytime cover is applied to the price of your lunch, so you can get a pretty good sandwich (burger, tenderloin, pulled pork, etc.) for a net $4 or so. Whenever I go (about once a month), I eat lunch, drink a beer, tip some hotties, and get a couple of $20 happy-making lappers for grand total of around $70.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I bet jerkoffson would nail this one. It's a very bad idea to eat at place where employees just don't give a fuck about customer service. Even drinking out their glasses is a bug enough gamble.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Bare Elegance LAX as well as it's neighbor down the street The Jet Strip serve some pretty darn good food. I wouldn't hesitate to order food at either place. The old Wild Goose near LAX used to serve some great pub food as well as awesome daily specials that were really good. Damn I miss that place.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Used to share some good SC Cuban cuisine with my last favorite. Some years ago a now non-existent SC had a buffet catered by a very popular Italian place.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Zipman, at the time, Schieks was probably the most upscale SC in the Twin Cities, so a gourmet chef wouldn't've been out of line. 'Sides, I think it was a server who told me that, and we know no employee of a strip club would ever exaggerate anything.

MrDeuce, I remember several years ago, before Brad's went from neighborhood club to upscale, they'd grill some burgers and brats outside some nights. Those were some really good burgers, too. Might have to try their food again next time I'm in Indy.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Oasis in Philly used to have a catered buffet that was quite good and Club 390 in Chicago Heights had good food and put out nice hoes-served early in the evening. Platinum Showgirls in Toledo had a pizza and hotdog buffet that was ok if you got there when it was put out. I actually saw someone order food at Bogart's in Detroit.
    There is a club in Salem Oregon that has a prime rib dinner that come with the cover one night during the week that was very good.
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Clubs I have had a decent meal at:
    - Penthouse (Detroit)
    - 4Play (West Los Angeles)
    - Casa Diablo (Portland)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion