tuscl

OT: Friend: Andy Kaufman is still alive

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
I liked Andy Kaufman because he was different and original. He was not just another cliched comic. I don't believe for a minute that he's still alive, but I enjoyed reading about Andy and remembering his crazy antics.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/28/why-andy-ka…

9 comments

• rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I'd be surprised that he could get away with faking his death for so long. He would have needed piles of cash that wouldn't be seen as missing when his estate was divvied up. For this reason alone I'm confident he's dead.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    As a performance artist, Kauffman was excellent. As a comedic actor, very good. As a stand-up, he was all right.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Holy shit, sex with 42 women in one week. If he comes back, it's a sure bet that he won't keep up that pace. Unfortunately. AIDS sounds very likely.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I remember the name, but I don't remember him saying or doing anything funny.
  • LoveTheLadies
    10 years ago
    Loved his feud with Jerry Lawler. Andy loved wrestling and he could really play the bad guy.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    He used my SC entrance theme in his act!

http://vimeo.com/33241706

• steve229
    10 years ago
    "Loved his feud with Jerry Lawler"

Don't forget that Kaufman was also the "Inter-gender" Champion!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^ Steve sure knows his "American Pop" culture
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "As a performance artist, Kauffman was excellent. As a comedic actor, very good. As a stand-up, he was all right".

I'm trying to remember one time that Kauffman made me laugh....

Nope...I got nothing. He was, IMO, a whole lot of goofy and very little funny. I mean, lip syncing to the Might Mouse theme? And that feud with the wrestler? I don't get it. And his bogus (or was it?) neck injury from the wrestler? Seemed like some childish publicity stunt, nothing more. Latka Gravas was kinda cute I suppose, but Jim Ignatowski, the drunk guy on Taxi, was a whole lot funnier.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion