tuscl

I finally finished LOST

What a rip off. By the way, is "The Boring Dead" still on? Anything new happening with the plot?

7 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    I loved LOST. But I do agree -- the final episode was a real disappointment.

I diidn't start watching it until like season 4. So after it finished I went back and watched it from the beginning. Took me a couple of months. In my opinion, it may have been my favorite series of all time.

--
    the Walking Dead comes back for the fall season in about 3 weeks. It's not as good as Breaking Bad, and does have a few slow moments, but it's still better than about 95 percent of other stuff on TV.

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    By the way, I once made a LOST reference and Alucard PM'd me because he didn't understand it. He said he never watched the show. That totally surprised me because he was such a fan of science fiction.

And in another PM, he told me he had never seen "Pretty Woman". Again. A surprise because he had a DVD collection in the thousands.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Great show but yeah the last episode of Lost sucked. Unlike breaking bad where the final episode was the best ever made.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I really enjoyed the first couple seasons of Lost -- each episode was a great character piece -- but I quit watching during season three. It just seemed to me that the creative team behind the series didn't really have a solid idea on just what they were doing, considering how random and unconnected everything about the plots (and the island itself) was. I didn't watch it again until the series finale, an episode that proved to me what an epic failure in story-telling the whole series had become. Nuts, instead of answering all of the questions the six season created, it just created more.

And, yeah, The Walking Dead's still on. The people in a small town called Terminus has taken Rick and company hostage. The last line of last season was Rick's; if I remember right, it was, "They just messed with the wrong family." After skipping most of the season in the prison, I'm looking forward to this one.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I preferred the Land Of The Lost, myself. That Chaka, boy was he a trouble maker. And who could forget the Sleestak? Creepy, reptilian fucks.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The problem with the Walking Dead is they keep killing off some of the most interesting characters. I understand you have to have surprises, but they haven't replaced the characters with ones that are equally good.

• occurious
    10 years ago
    I never watched the Walking Dead until last year then I was bored and watched a few episodes on Netflix. I got hooked and binged on the whole series. When you do that it gives you an interesting perspective on changes and as motorhead said it sucks because the interesting characters keep getting killed off. The whole prison thing went on way too long too. Loved Rick's line in the finale last year too but it wasn't just the line for those that haven't seen it. They all get trapped in this boxcar by the latest group of bad people and he gets this silly grin on his face and starts to laugh when someone asks him what's funny he says "I was just imagining the look on their faces when they realize they just messed with the wrong family".

Hopefully it bodes well for this season.

BTW I totally agree on LOST, my wife said from the start they were all dead and in purgatory. The first few seasons were great then it got so confused and the ending totally sucked.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion