tuscl

Advice: Best Way to Have a Great Time at Tootsies

Gpoe
Florida
Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:06 PM
Hi Tuscl'ers, I went to Tootsies Cabaret for the first time today and decided I want to celebrate my bday there! My questions are as follows: 1. If going with group of friends 6-8 people , should we do one of their group reservations ($650 for 10 ppl,Flat rate for up to 10 people and includes: Cover Charge - Private Room for 2 Hours - (2) 750ml Bottles (under $250.00) - Private Host and Waitress) or just show up and get a couple bottles and save Monet for dances? 2. Is it worth spending the money to get to upstairs VIP for a group of 6? 3. What's it like to get one of those couch sections? Any and all knowledge you can share about getting the best time for the money is welcome and much appreciated! Also I am planning on being there Sept 14 late at night so come hang out! Regards, GPoe

5 comments

• JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Awesome club. I love Tootsie's. 1. I wouldn't pay for any of that stuff for your group. Most of it seems like a waste of money, except perhaps the private room which you can get as needed. Also, Sept. 14 is a Sunday, not crowded, so an additional reason not to pay extra for any special treatment. 2. There was a post a few months back on whether it is worth it to pay to go upstairs. Also coincidentally, I was just discussing that exact issue with a dancer last night who used to work at Tootsie's. The main advantage that I see to upstairs is that you are there when the dancers finish their stage rotation, so its perhaps easier to catch them for a private dance before they circulate. Also its quieter so your group can talk more easily up there if that's what you want. My personal opinion though is that its not worth the cost, and you miss out on the excitement downstairs. Plus I've rarely had trouble getting the attention of the dancer I want downstairs except on really busy nights. I've been to Tootsie's dozens of times, I've never paid extra for upstairs, and I've never regretted the decision. Only time I've been up there is when an incredibly hot dancer insisted that we go to the much more high end VIP rooms upstairs. It cost more but she said that was the only place that she did VIP, and frankly I was inclined to believe here. Only time that's ever happened though. I didn't have to pay the upstairs charge just to go up to one of those rooms with the dancer. 3. I'm pretty sure that I've done dances in every section of Tootsie's there is, but I'm not sure what you mean by the couch sections. As an aside, while I know its your birthday and this is an great club, Sunday can be very slow. Still fun, but not nearly what it can be. Why not celebrate your birthday a day or two earlier when there will be dozens more girls to choose from.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    There was a TUSCLer who was celebrating his birthday with a big bash at Follies, but I never heard how it turned out.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I agree, I wouldn't get one of the packages. The private rooms they're talking about aren't champagne rooms, they're the little alcove's in the back by the smaller stage & sports bar. If you come in and get a bottle they'll take you to the area with the raised floor in between the two downstairs stages, which is separated enough to be comfortable and all in the same area with your friends, if that's your goal. Decent tips for the waitresses will have them doting on you enough to make a dedicated waitress pointless. As mentioned, there seems to be little benefit to going upstairs. I don't do it. Unlike JS69, I have had some issues getting the girl I was interested in after she went upstairs to finish her rotation. However, it really doesn't matter. There's always been enough girls there where a suitable alternative shows up quickly. I guess its possible I've been the one flaking out on the girls I wanted to come back, as something better always comes along.
  • Gpoe
    10 years ago
    I appreciate all the advice and comments tuscl'ers! I'll create another discussion closer to the date if any of y'all want to meet up. @johnsmith69 thank you for the advice regarding perhaps doing Saturday instead of Sunday, I'm going to be driving down from a work trip in Tampa Saturday but if it's going to be so different (# of girls wise) I will make it Saturday! @dolfan thanks for the advice regarding bottles and where it gets you placed. I was wondering what the real benefit came with buying bottles aside from the liquor itself.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Excelled advise so far. I’ve been to Tootsies many times but can’t say I’m really an expert in the club since although I like the club; it’s not my type of club (I’m into black clubs). w.r.t. the upstairs VIP seating area – yeah one advantage is that is where the dancers (nightshift) end their stage rotation so it may be easier to hook up with them since many times with the club being so big they’ll disappear. IME – in many clubs with paid VIP seating – it seems the dancers tend to circulate those areas more often (I guess they think if a guy spends extra to sit in VIP; then he may be more willing to spend extra overall?). I’ve never done the Tootsies upstairs VIP seating – but I’ve stood near the upstairs VIP entrance (by where the set of TVs are near the entrance) and noticed may dancers making their rounds up there and often the hot ones. Some people prefer the VIP area or think it’s worth it and others feel it’s not worth it. The upstairs VIP is smaller and more intimate so it’s easier to get noticed by the dancers and one may get more personal attention. The couch area can be ok but that would be more for a really large party that includes girls b/c it’s kinda away from the action – i.e. one does not really have a good view of what’s going on in the club and it’s more about what’s going on in your little couch room/area. The downstairs VIP seating area Dolfan mentioned can be a good compromise of a bit more secluded area per se but still pretty much in the middle of the action. I’ve never sat there but I thought it was an additional $10 to sit there. Strip clubs are bizarro world – up is down and right is left – in the “real world” packages are often a good deal and one gets better value – in strip club bizarro world; extra-stuff/packages are often just a way for the club to just milk you out of your $$$ - i.e. IMO you *don’t* get better value – and the $650 quote price is not the only cost; the special attention from club staff means generous tipping for the staff and their special attention – not to mention dancers coming over and trying to smooch off of your alcohol and trying to ROB you b/c they think you are going all out in terms of spending. As others have said – IMO it’s not worth it and you are not getting good value and will just be getting milked (in a bad way :)). Saturday vs Sunday – Sat is def more of a party atmosphere but it’s not as if on Su there are only going to be 15 dancers – there will still be plenty of dancers on Su but not to the level of Sat. Conclusion: ---------------- IMO when one goes w/ friends; it’s more to party than to do hardcore SCing. IMO best to sit in the general seating area in the middle of the action and leave VIP for when you want extra one-one attention. Sat would probably be a better night and better vibe for a group of young studs – only caveat is that you should get to the club early enough (10:00 PMish) so you can get at least 2 side-by-side tables on the main floor in a good location near the main stage –but even then you should be able to get some decent seating in the downstairs VIP section (or see if tipping the floor bouncer can help you with getting some decent seating for your group). Sat cover is $12 vs $8 Su cover if I’m correct. As others have stated – I would say don’t pay for anything extra and just hang out w/ your buds in the main/free seating area near the main stage. One last note – for w/e reason; many dancers at Tootsies are not “hard-approachers” for w/e reason – so you may need to approach them or grab their attention when they are walking by your table – and many talk a big game and push really hard for VIP but I feel I’ve gotten some kinda lame LDs there with the dancers still pushing for VIP – and in my mind; lame LDs feel like an indicator of a lame VIP. And that is my 1 cent.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion