tuscl

Professions

gatorjoe2
Florida
Just curious, does your profession make a difference in determining which clubs you go to?

Mostly I am thinking of teachers, there has been lots of stories recently regarding teachers with prostitution and other acts. There are also been NUMEROUS stories about children and sexual offenders (no connection, but it seems the first people that are accussed in many instances are teachers).
Other professions that could apply are police officers, lawyers perhaps,

Is it professionally wrong to get a dance from a student (assuming she is legal, of course)? What if you don't know she is a student?

Should you go to a less local place to avoid the possibility of it?

What would you think of a person who has lots of contact with your daughters going to stripclubs? (no the person isn't recruiting for stripclubs, and no I am not trying to be a pain in the ass with the questions)

9 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    I know of several clubs that don't employ any bouncers, including one where all the employees including the manager (and maybe owner) are women. They rely on their local police force, many of whom are regular customers. I actually like that format, it keeps the place orderly without the annoying bouncers glaring at you. Such places also tend to be cheaper because they have fewer people on the payroll.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    FONDL-

I have also seen cops in strip clubs, but I've always believed they were there for voyeuristic reasons more than to be a security force. Then again, this only really happens in out of the way clubs not especially close to anything.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Now, really. Has anyone ever seen a customer in a SC wearing a clerical collar?
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi SuperDude,

I saw Hasidic Jews at Angels a few times. They had paintings for sale inside the club and claimed it was a very good business. It was quite surprising to see them with their conservative clothing.

My ATF at Baby Dolls said her preacher showed up and wanted a lap dance. He didn't see anything wrong with lap dancing. She refused . . .

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've been to several clubs where cops, both on and off duty, routinely hang out. I think some managers encourage it to keep problems under control.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Some professions just can't be seen in strip clubs, i.e, clergy, judges, elected public officials, law enforcement

I would suggest that this be amended to say that they can't be seen in strip clubs in the jurisdiction in which they work. I know of a county in which some of the judges and prosecutors routinely went on "perversion excursions"--but it involved a two hour road trip each way, well outside the county they worked in.

Unfortunately, the feds cracked down on the strip club for tax evasion, which resulted in subpoenas for trial testimony being issued to several prosecutors and their chief investigator--and also resulted in at least one wrecked marriage.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Some professions just can't be seen in strip clubs, i.e, clergy, judges, elected public officials, law enforcement or security while on duty or waiting to go on duty. Remember the criticism of the U.S. Secret Service agents who were later identified as patrons in Jack Ruby's Carousel (sp?), club in Dallas on Nov. 21, 1963. Some people still believe that the agents drinking and partying with strippers into the late night and early morning hours, may have slowed response times when the shots were fired at President Kennedy's motorcade.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I used to worry about it, but one time after I spotted my supervisor there, I talked to him afterwards and he said what happens there stays there and has no bearing on my job. Now I wave at the people I know if I see them.

As for teachers, the only story I got to say about that is my ATF used to be one.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I'm not in the teaching profession and I certainly don't worry about being seen. In fact I have gone to strip clubs with other guys from work or seen some guys from work and waved over at them. The only reason I would be concerned if I was a teacher would be if the parents or school board found out. Some of those school boards or parents seem to be religious fanatics when it comes to doing things the way THEY BELIEVE things should be done. If word gets out you are an immoral teacher in such a situation, I could see lots of trouble ahead. If the school board and the majority of parents understand strip clubs just to be entertainment and don't have a problem with it, then I wouldn't be concerned if I was a teacher. However I have heard stories where some parent went bonkers because of some teacher going to a strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion