tuscl

If the Ebola virus starts infecting people by the thousands in the US, will you

just wondering at what point people decide to stay home. If it became widespread, I might consider staying home and staying away from large crowds as much as possible.
I read the virus may have killed as many as 20,000 already, most numbers list it lower. However I heard that the death toll is doubling every 34.8 days.

At this rate it should have killed 12 to 24 million people in one year with that toll doubling every 34.8 days.
The number could reach a billion before too long.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thre…

If thousands had it here, would you stay home?

Hopefully they develop an effective cure.
It is mutating though and some terrorists might think about helping the virus spread in certain countries. I can imagine a new form of 60% suicide, go get sick on purpose, then fly to the US.

15 comments

• sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I guess we can all hope and say it'll never spread. Ignorance is bliss some say.

On the positive side a drug cured all 12 monkeys that had the virus I thought I heard. I'm off to party. You might want to party too, our days might be numbered. If only 50% survive, that is bad.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Zombies juice crews
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    If ebola was in fact spreading and infecting thousands in the US, I doubt many strippers would even be working. At least the one's I would want to see.

And I would stay away from crowds and strippers.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Once Ebola kills Caucasian's, they'll find a cure.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    lmao Slick. True dat!
  • mmdv26
    10 years ago
    ^^^I dunno, AIDS has killed lots of Cauc's.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Doesn't this question get asked each time some new strange disease comes along?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Shark - Do you lie awake at night thinking up these off the wall topics? :) HIV hasn't scared me away, so what's a little Ebola?
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @SlickSpic: Is that basically what already happened with the two(?) Americans who were infected and got that highly experimental drug that wasn't available until then?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I'll go with SamPepys on this one.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I'll try to remember not to mention anything in the future on this site about possible futures you don't want to think about.

It was strip club related but I guess not many in the US take the possibility seriously or just don't want to think about it.

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    shark,

Most anything can be possible, but the chance of many of those events are relatively slim. This is one of them. A mosquito count bite me tomorrow and I'd get dengue. I don't concern myself with that possibility either.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @GMD-I was just cracking wise but that is interesting.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Yeah, there are a certain group of people who just live for this shit. Theres not much you can do about it, but some people love to fret over conspiracy theories and cataclysms and aliens and goverment coverups and on and on....

Maybe it gives people excitement in otherwise boring lives...who knows.

Life sucks, then you die. You'll die either sooner or later, but its a matter of time. You could die tomorrow from a heart attack or being hit by a car or any of a million things. Why worry about fucking Ebola?

But hey, if you want to, be my guest.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Jerkoffson: "Life sucks"

Maybe yours does, jerkoffson, but don't project onto everyone just because of it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion