tuscl

When did Detroit change for the better??

pensionking
Illinois
Back in the day, maybe 15 years ago, when I visited SCs in Detroit, I never received nor was offered any extras. Now it seems the menu is wide open!

My question is, have things simply changed that much since the late 90's or was I a stupid PL newbie way back then and only needed the knowledge I've only recently acquired through the great and powerful tuscl wizards?

9 comments

• samsung1
    10 years ago
    I heard Henry the VII south used to be a pasties club and low mileage so it's not just you. The massive layoffs at Ford and GM might have had something to do with it.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    It's hard to tell, I'm not sure if I follow the correlation of mileage to layoff at GM and Ford...

There could be several factors... first off there seems to be an proportionately large number of strip clubs for a city the size of Detroit. Maybe extras started to happen, everyone turned their heads because everyone was making money and a trend started... You hear about short staffed enforcement plaguing the city, maybe that has to do with it... and lastly look at the corruption that has gone on in politics with the city, maybe someone is getting their pockets lined to allow this to happen.

Either way I guess it's best to just be thankful if you're able to experience it and take advantage of it while it's available.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    @shailynn - truer words were never spoken . . .
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Cindy Lauper sang, "Money changes everything." It works with LE in Detroit. A raid or a bust will happen around election time or when the bribes are not paid.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I thought Detroit changed for better when they discontinued the Pontiac Aztec. That shit was depressing. That car never made me want to sacrifice virgins to Hummingbird-on-the-left or Smoking-obsidian-mirror.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    "@shailynn - truer words were never spoken . . ."

Thank you - on a rare occasion I actually make sense
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    Never knew Hank South to be a pastie club. For quite a while after they lost their liquor license they were a nude club. Detroit evolved much like Memphis. As soon as the lap dance craze became the norm mileage went through the roof.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Maybe is it’s proximity to Canada? Not sure but I think Canadian clubs back in the 80s/90s where wild as hell and maybe some of that filtered down?

Could the that the owner of Flight Club; Penthouse; etc (Alan WhatsHisName) set the standard for all to follow and others had no choice but to follow? Alan dude has managed to provide upscale SCs with extras so others had to follow suit and provide extras or go out of biz?

Just some long-shot theories.

• pensionking
    10 years ago
    I will never understand why a city like Detroit doesn't just legalize, regulate and tax that shit like rural Nevada. Why not make it a true adult entertainment mecca -- nothing else worthwhile going on . . .
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion