tuscl

What's with the old topics?

Clubber
Florida
Friday, July 11, 2014 5:25 PM
A few old topics and no new posts??? Anyone else see this?

48 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Dougster went Juice on us and bumped up like 15 of steve229’s threads.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    And it looks like a fake Dougsters with 0 reviews has bumped up a whole bunch of Dougster’s old reviews.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    @Papi- You're being nice, it was definitely more than 15 of Steve's threads that he bumped. I have no idea what the point of that is, it just buries all the recent threads.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I didn't notice.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Thanks for pointing that out
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    steve229's gayness on display for all to see! LOL!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ranukam, You state, "I have no idea what the point of that is, it just buries all the recent threads." That IS the point. Just being a typical TUSCL AHOLE!!!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    crazy, Your (You're, for the literate) welcome. :)
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Huh
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    The point is to steve229's gayness and gay topics out there for all see.
  • D0ugster
    10 years ago
    Dougster = stupid
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "a fake Dougster" Isn't that redundant?
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I still believe that a simple modification (he says without knowing anything about TUSCL's data store) would completely eliminate the incidence of ignored user's posts filling up the front page. I hope that Founder gets around to making that change one day; I personally believe it would remove much of the incentive for that sort of thing. And even if it didn't, it wouldn't matter except to those that don't have the spammers ignored.
  • BlueLion
    10 years ago
    I 100% agree with George on this one
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    People not enjoying reading all of steve229's old threads that he himself, in turn RickyBoy fashion, has described as "gold"? What a shock! I thought they would be enjoyed for the masterpieces they surely are.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    jerikson40 certainly seems to have liked them!
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    @gmd - second the motion. This and other recent attacks by ignored members are to get attention and annoy others by demonstrating they can "get around" the ignore strategy. It will continue, especially if members pat attention to these trolls.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @gmd: probably there is a threads table with a last comment timestamp column. Until recently there was probably just a simple select from that table sorted by that timestamp. With the most recent changes that was probably changed to be a join with a users table to get the ignore list to filter out theads with OpIDs on ignore. With your proposal it would probably require another join with the comments table this time filtering out all comments from ignores users, sort the remaining comments and then get the UNIQUE thread IDs remaining. Much more computations required and a more complex query. Founder never did let us know why pictures are no longer supported. I doubt disk storage was an issue. Was it bandwidth or computing power that was the problem? Probably the discussion board is only a small % of computation used by this site - my and juice's posting frequency notwithstanding. :-)
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Clubber, are pointlessly bumped old topics suddenly a revelation? We have trolls here who have been doing that shit forever, along with their other goofy troll-like activities. In particular, we have a few long-time trolls, operating under various incarnations over the years, who post under the mistaken belief that they have already covered everything there is to say about strippers and clubs, so they might as well just fill up the board with crap. Times change, areas change, clubs change, dancers change, etc.,etc., but they know it all since the few clubs that they happen to frequent in their home areas have stayed static over time. ;) So instead, we get a board filled with this nonsense and that is never allowed to breath enough to encourage new participants. Good times. :)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    RickyBoy: "Times change, areas change, clubs change, dancers change, etc.,etc" But The System never changes. It is (3am) eternal!
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    rick nailed it. This is nothing new. It's been going on for a while now. I can't figure out for the life of me why someone would spend their free time doing this. I'm genuinely concerned about Dougster with his odd, erratic behavior and the rest of the trolls who continually do this. If someone has nothing better to do with their time than troll an INTERNET forum, then it's probably going beyond the web and having serious effects on their personal life as well.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Yeah, because bumping a thread just takes oddles of time. About 20 minutes per bump I reckon. Any more histrionics for us?
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    How long it takes to bump the thread is beside the point. You, for whatever strange reason, constantly indulge in other troll like activities and it's very apparent to anyone who's posted here for a while. What makes it all the more strange is that you come across as very intelligent, but for whatever reason get enjoyment out of calling names, making aliases and attacking other members on THE INTERNET. You're truly an enigma. The worst part of all of this is what rick said at the end of his post. The constant nonsense of this board discourages new members from posting here. :(
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    A few points, Vikings. a) I highly doubt anyone has been discouraged from posting here due to troll activity. b) Even if a) were so, how about those who are attracted by the troll activity? What is the net win/loss? Why should those who don't trolling get all the votes over those who do enjoy it? c) I don't understand why people can get so upset by this "trolling activity". What's the worse that happens? Some guys are disrupted from discussing how to pay hookers for sex for a brief time? Kind of think guys are gonna figure that out on their own anyway. d) Let's suppose there was some disruption, people were discouraged from posting because of it, the wants of those who don't like trolling should count more than those who do, and some guys could read the board to figure out how to pay hookers for sex and, as such, were SOL. Why is it a big deal? Why so many complaints about that while hardly a word is ever mentioned about RickyBoy's routine drinking and driving. Some even went so far as to encourage it. What did Jesus say about noticing a speck in your brother's eye while there is a beam sticking out of yours (thinking of guys like RickyBoy in particular here, Vikings, not you. Not sure what your opinion on drinking and driving is)? Priorities folks.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Classic Dugly. Can't justify his own behavior so try and turn it on someone else.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    "A few old topics and no new posts???" - Clubber "Clubber, are pointlessly bumped old topics suddenly a revelation? - rickdugan I didn't interpret Clubber's post as saying he was suddenly surprised by TUSCL troll behavior. Rather, that the recent run of pointlessly [blank] bumps of older threads by one of TUSCL's long-time trolls AND the absence of any NEW posts was annoying. Agree. Clubber, of course, is literate enough and more than capable of telling us what he meant as if his later post didn't make clear his annoyance. BTW, rickdugan, I agree with the rest of your comment. Troll Dougster has long been on my ignore list. For me the few insightful comments he posted were far outweighed by the more numerous worthless posts. Others may feel differently but I felt it was not worth the effort to tolerate digging through a mountain of shit for the occasional half carat diamond. "What makes it all the more strange is that you come across as very intelligent," - GoVikings GV, intelligence IS NOT proof against serious psychopathology. Sociopaths, and their close criminal cousins, psychopaths are, as a group, more intelligent than average. So are many narcissistic personality disorders. I was once part of a treatment team that managed a very psychotic individual on an outpatient basis. In his lucid moments he had a measured IQ in the Very Superior range. But delusional as hell. Internet trolls do it to get attention, even NEGATIVE, critical attention, and for the pleasure of derailing a thread. The far smaller number of SADISTIC trolls also do it for the sheer, inherent pleasure of intentionally hurting others. If you're not a sadist you wouldn't understand this behavior because you wouldn't have experienced the [sexual?] rush of pleasure after hurting some undeserving person. Trolls often 'hunt' in packs like wolves [comparison probably unfair to wolves]; so we have other troll members who regularly comment on each others' posts. When not enough members pay attention to a particular troll we see aliases. Aliases are also useful to disrupt threads with conjecture over who is 'behind' them. And GV you've demo-ed reinforcing troll Dougster by responding to his comments. He gets 'points' by suckering you into diverting attention to him :-P Don't feed the trolls!
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    "Why so many complaints about that while hardly a word is ever mentioned about RickyBoy's routine drinking and driving. Some even went so far as to encourage it." I'm guessing that more might complain if I drove onto their lawns, got out of my car and took a shit in their flowerbeds. You know - kinda' the equivalent of what the trolls do on this board. ;)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Again disrupting an internet board where people discuss paying hookers for sex ranks where in seriousness versus routinely drinking and driving as RickyBoy does? What would you say RickyBoy's routine drinking and driving and denial of whether it is a serious thing is symptomatic of, joker?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Also multiple aliases might just be a response to other side using those tactics first. Got to keep up with the Jones's!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Joker44: "Sociopaths, and their close criminal cousins, psychopaths are, as a group, more intelligent than average. So are many narcissistic personality disorders. " Got a reference for that? From what I've read (Hare) this is just a Hollywood myth, and they are actually, slightly below average on average. It does not preclude highly intelligent ones such as in Hare's book Snakes in Suits, but generally they spend most of their brain cycles thinking of exploiting people in the easiest way possible rather than do any hard work to become intelligent. Now that result may be biased by the fact that the definition if ASPD pretty much means requires encounters with the law - ie you were dumb enough to get caught. I'm not sure what "many NPD's" means. How many are there? :-) Are you thinking of Millon's subtypes or just trying to sound clever but in reality just uttering a non-sense sentence? Perhaps you meant "people w NPD"? In which your statement would be true.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Ye ol' "At least I'm not a murderer" defense. Sorry Dougster, but it's not flying. The fact that you aren't a murderer, rapist, or, *gasp*, a guy who drinks after some cocktails, does not justify your own bad acts, whatever they are. Heck, at least most people can understand guys who commit those acts, even if they strongly disapprove. But who but another sad sack can understand why a grown man would ever troll a discussion board? Is this weird, anti-social and attention seeking behavior a product of childhood abuse? That has always been my theory. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    RickyBoy, I'm saying even if it was "anti-social" it does not rank very high in terms of seriousness, compared to your routine drinking and driving. Now, joker, being the good 3rd rate lawyer from Missouri that he is, has presented 4 explanations but omitted at least a couple of others. For example, someone on the histrionic spectrum might engage in trolling. I won't give you finally hint, but, tell you what, I'll tell you when you do guess correctly. :-) I'm sorry you say "don't understand" but I don't understand how you can routinely drink and drive instead of just calling a cab or Uber or, gasp, telling your wife you were out drinking. And let's not kid ourselves, you do your own amount of trolling on this board yourself, e.g. your ridiculous statements that even you don't believe just to see if you can some fun get any bitters. Oooops... Maybe you do understand after all, eh? While I still don't understand why you need to drink and drive. *
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    If certain TUSCLers have issues w/ other TUSCLers for w/e reason – then fine – start a thread and call him a faggot all you want or if you feel compelled to post a response to your nemesis’s post in any particular thread – then fine – but when any one member decides to single-handily clog up the board it affects everyone on the board – not just the people you don’t like.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Okay, Papi. Good points. Nobody wants to see just all a wall of Steve's exceptionally inane threads when they log in. All Steve radio not such a hut after all - we'll shut 'er down.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I wonder if people would have enjoyed a wall of RickyBoy threads better. Can never get enough of The System? Maybe an experiment for another time.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @Dougster: "Much more computations required" "Much" is probably an overstatement. If it's a "traditional" relational DBMS, e.g. MySQL, SQLite, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc, they're all designed to handle that sort of thing without even burping, depending on the schema. I don't know what the hit would be on some other type of DB, e.g. a "NoSQL" one. Of course, the data store could be older, and not have the performance tuning that more recent versions have. Inertia is a powerful thing for many programmers, in a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of way. In the one I built a thousand years ago, using SQLite, when I thought I could save the world with my BBS system, that extra join wouldn't have even slowed it down.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    My money would be on MySQL since the server is Apache. I always got the feeling that the server hosting TUSCL didn't have much horsepower. There seemed to have been alot of performance issues related to SSL for instance. So optimizing queries might be important. Would it be as easy as indexing the date timestamp in the comments table or is that all taken care of under the hood?
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    @Papi -- even better PM / flame each other to your heart's content. " but when any one member decides to single-handily clog up the board it affects everyone on the board – not just the people you don’t like" Nice suggestion but not 'rocket science' By that I mean these TUSCLers already know about this and PMing. Conclusion: 'clogging up the board' and annoying others is EXACTLY what they want.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Not quite joker but I understand, being the 3rd rate lawyer from Missouri that you, that you want to make things overly simplistic for the jury. Targeted without excessive collateral damage is best.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Question for you, joker? Do the best lawyers in the country generally end up in backwater states like Missouri or practice in wealthier areas? Oh wait, I know you have me on ignore so won't be able to answer that one! No worries I'm sure all reading can figure out the answer to that one.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Hey Dugly why are you so concerned about Rick's drunk driving (or just drinking and driving, whichever) but you don't seem to take an issue with your new buddy LMN? Because you're full of shit?
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Doogie has a hard on for gay guys. That is why he "bumps" them or at least their threads.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Another Dougster Rickboy flame war. Lol
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    very entertaining
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    crazyjoe, it is not a "flamewar" or any other type of "battle" or "war" when a debate is between a contributor and a troll. Calling it any one of those things implies positions of equal credibility, which is certainly not the case here. Dougster is a 10+ year old troll (bobbyl, davids, etc.) who derives pleasure from trolling, for whatever reason only he and other pathetic fucktards like him will ever understand. I come here and share experiences based from 80+ nights per year in 40+ clubs per year, spread over a number of states. Now when I say that, I don't mean to sound remotely arrogant. I do not know it all and will never pretend that I do. But to visit a strip club customer site and watch the boards over-run with trolls is just a sad state of affairs. I truly believe than any grown man who needs to garner attention from a discussion board was likely fucked up the ass by an uncle during his childhood, but I'll let the experts weigh in on that one. ;)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I have no evidence of who or why one does something so childish, but I do believe that for all to ramble on about it just stokes the misguided ego of the AHOLE!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @crazyjoe: RickyBoy's position is completely unfathomable to me: "Yeah, I fuckin' routinely drink and driving? So what? The legal limits are way too low, other people do it, and I'm scared shitless of my wife even though I always thump my chest on here about what a 'real man' 'in control' I am. And there's this guy who sometimes disrupt a board where people discuss how to pay hookers for sex. That's much worse!" *SMH*
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Gotta love RickyBoy. I wonder what his explanation of what happened to him in his youth that causes him to routinely drink and drive now and blow it off with his rationalizations (as above). He has admitted to "personality damage" before and alluded to a troubled childhood. Always shies away when I ask him for the details though. :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion