tuscl

Banning things doesn't always work.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A 47-year-old Allentown man banned from Silhouettes Showbar in Coopersburg last week returned to the club Saturday night and assaulted a dancer in the parking lot outside, police said.

Thomas E. Cross of 2421 Allenbrook Drive showed up at the club at 111 E. Station Avenue Saturday night and was asked to leave, court papers say. Witnesses said Cross implied that he had a gun before leaving with a dancer, court papers say.

Once outside, Cross choked the woman, pulled her hair and hit her in the face, police said. When police officers arrived, Cross was inside a vehicle and had slurred speech, court papers say. The alleged incident happened at about 10:30 p.m. Investigators used video surveillance from the club to confirm details of the alleged assault, court papers say.

Cross was charged with simple assault, defiant trespass, drunken driving, harassment and summary driving offenses. He was taken to Lehigh County Prison under $15,000 bail following his Sunday morning arraignment.

4 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    "Cross was charged with simple assault"

As opposed to complicated assault which uses differential calculus
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Simple and Aggravated Assault

Simple assault is the least serious form of assault. It involves minor injury or a limited threat of violence, and usually is charged as a misdemeanor. In states where assault is a physical attack, pushing someone or slapping someone in an argument are instances of simple assault. Where the law defines assault as threatening behavior that puts another in fear, threatening to punch someone would be a simple assault.

Aggravated assault involves circumstances that make the crime more serious, as when the assault is committed with a deadly weapon or results in serious injury that requires hospitalization or surgery or disfigures the victim.
  • tempest666
    10 years ago
    Oh damn:/ I used to work here back in 2011-2012.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    If I was assaulted I'd be pretty aggravated.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion