tuscl

Opinion? Is it a sign of a poor ill mannered DJ when they keep talking and talk

I think it is. I thought the Platinum Plus DJ's were really bad at times in another club the DJ just seemed to keep saying something just about every song in the club.

Who wants to hear all that crap?

11 comments

• Henry_R1234
    10 years ago
    A lot of DJ's never seem to know when to shut up. I think a lot of them have a large ego that needs satisfying. Unfortunately we suffer because of it.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Where do strip club djs come from?

Anal sex
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Shark - Somewhat in defense of the PP DJs, the loudness of the music and the rhetoric of the DJs is dictated by the owner who's game plan is to create a party atmosphere. How can you convince the owner that he is wrong when his clubs are raking in the money?
  • Henry_R1234
    10 years ago
    Lol crazyjoe
    Caca babies!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I suspect sales are off at least in Greenville from what it used to be. However some managers don't like experimenting if something seems to be working until it breaks. I doubt turning down the music volume would affect sales very much. Even if I spent an extra $60 to $100 bucks per visit because I could talk to dancers instead of shouting and this got multiplied by hundreds of customers because the music volume was lowered and the DJ's didn't ramble on, there is no way I believe a strip club manager would experiment to see if sales went up after one or two people asked why the music wasn't blasting away anymore. The manager would think he ruined the party atmosphere.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    The best DJs are the ones who just play music and talk the least. STFU already!
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Henry and Dougster have it spot on. I also think some of them love the sound of their own voices.
  • ididthisonce
    10 years ago
    I am sitting here trying to remember a DJ that was actually funny.

Right now I am batting ZERO having done time in all of PP clubs in South Carolina.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    The number one reason I usually decide to never return to any specific SC is the crappy DJ. If it's not the insanely loud music it's their incessant talking. Well, that and the quality of the dancers.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Keep track of the rotation, announce the dancers, announce specials and make last call. Anything beyond that is more than a DJ should say.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I agree w/Henry. Many DJ's use their position to babble needlessly and usually incoherently, because they love the sound of their own voice. Even if they realize that they bring nothing useful to the club they don't care - after all it's all about them, right?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion