tuscl

the Block in Baltimore

Years ago it seems like every city had someting similar to Boston's Combat Zone or NY's Times Square. In fact that's what all strip clubs were like, that's basically all there was. But they're all gone. Except of course for the Block in Baltimore. I haven't stopped by there in years but I'm wondering if anyone else has? When I drive by it doesn't seem any different than it did 35 years ago. It's a real trip down memory lane. If you younger guys want to know how it used to be, give it a try (but don't go alone at night, stay sober, and keep a tight hold on your wallet.) Also be aware that Baltimore has the highest rate of STD's in US. BTW, it's always been called the Block because within a single block along East Baltimore street there are about 30 strip clubs and assorted other sex businesses. It's really nasty. Do any other cities still have anything similar? I'm not aware of any.

2 comments

• Officer
    19 years ago
    Is it really too dangerous to go at night? I went 5 or so years ago and didn't have any problems. I didn't go into the strip clubs, though.
  • rocky731
    19 years ago
    My experience with the block has been mixed to say the least. Some girls are fine, and some are just not fine at all. Majority but all the girls are on drugs, and they dance to support their habit. So, they will lie to the clientle to get what ever they want. Some girls will hook up after work, but most will not. The bars will rather have you hook up there at the club instead. So, they can a cut of the girls proceed. So, the clubs are very strict with the girls exchanging numbers etc.. My two cents.. My favorite clubs are the pussycat, Chez Joey, and the Oasis. If you have time checkout Crystal at the Pussycat.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion