tuscl

Female DJs ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Piggybacking on LDK's thread about DJs – I recently read a review where the reviewer stated the SC had a female DJ – I wonder if she was the fulltime DJ or was just filling in.

But it's a curiosity that I had not really thought much about – odd that there are very few female DJs (especially in SCs).

Have you ever come across a female DJ in a SC?

16 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I've heard of them mentioned on here but never seen one personally. Maybe for the same reason you don't see any female bouncers. It's a man's job. :)
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    yes I have, not one bit of difference.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Ironically, way back when I first started going to clubs, there was a female DJ who worked regularly. I liked her. She wasn't an asshole.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    Yes I have been to a place with a female dj. Gotta say she is completely terrible! She also dances because she isn't good enough to dj full time. She tells me of the other dj gigs she does and that it is her passion, but seriously her sweet voice does not get the place going. The SC dj needs a little testosterone driven introduction to let everyone know why we are there, to attack (fantasy only) a desirable woman. This female dj, although fairly good looking, is not that great if a dancer, either, which is why she wants to dj. Thumbs down. At my favorite club they tried her out as dj for a couple days and apparently they never asked her to come back. Good!
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    The singer in an old band I was in did some DJ work in clubs but I didn't know her until after that.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I've been to at least two clubs (maybe three) that had a female d.j., and I appreciated them much more than any male d.j. I ever observed. One of these was at a club where I was a regular, so I saw a lot of her. She had a sweet sexy voice, and only used it to announce the dancers' names. She was also a former dancer herself at that club, and knew how to take care of the dancers much more so than her male predecessors. Also, her choice of music (when she had the choice) was much more appreciated. I've seen great results from women deejays!
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Yes, like CG's example, she was a former dancer now working full-time as dj. Did a good job and seemed to get more out of her former colleagues.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    api,

I have seen a female, but I can't recall where for sure. I think it was the BT up off 826, and a few years ago.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    DJ Icey Ice, Spinderella, and Pam The Funkstress to name a few. Although these are all hip-hop DJ's. Oh jeah, DJ Lady Tribe-hot ass Mexican-Asian DJ.
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    One of the a Twin Cities clubs, King of Diamonds, has had a regular female DJ for a long time. Love the music she selects but can barely hear her voice under the music. Might be an issue with her mic setting, but you'd think after all this time someone would say to turn it up!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS,

Perused pages of DJ Lady. Nothing there I found "hot". Maybe the Asian was overridden by the Mexican. :(
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I've only come across one female DJ so far. She was definitely cute but I dont know if she was ever a dancer. She had a sexy voice and knew how to engage the crowd rather than annoy them like most male DJ's do.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    One of the clubs I go to has a female dj about 85% of the time.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    My old home club had a disc chickie who filled in from time to time. She was cool. Just announced the dancers and played the music, a welcome relief from the obnoxious mic hogs who usually worked. Probably too small a sample to base any conclusions on, so I will anyway: Female DJs are the best!
  • Mnlooker
    10 years ago
    Yep, and she occasionally sets up a 3-fer and hits the stage herself!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion