tuscl

NY RANGERS OR L.A. KINGS?

rattdog
New York
my prediction: rangers will win their first cup in 20 years in 6 games. the kings are warriors, and are possibly the best post season hockey team I've seen in quite a while (bruins included), but 3 straight 7 game series has got to take its toll eventually. I also like the rangers coach vigneault, who I think will rise up the ranks to be one of he best nhl coaches around.

8 comments

• farmerart
    10 years ago
    One BIG advantage for Rangers - Henrik Lundqvist in goal and one small advantage for Rangers - team speed. All other aspects of the game favour the Kings. However, the Rangers advantage in goal is a great equalizer in this series. Lundqvist is an all-world goalie, probably one of the top two in the entire hockey universe. Jonathan Quick is merely average for the Kings, barely in the top-10 goalie rankings in the NHL.

Reluctantly, I pick LA Kings to win the Stanley Cup. I don't care for the style of play of the Kings but the sheer brute force of the Kings will overpower the Rangers.

As for coaching, rattdog, I give a serious edge to Kings' Darryl Sutter over Rangers' Alain Vigneault.

The clan of six Sutter brothers from Viking, Alberta is an amazing group of guys. Darryl, who could be one of the world's ugliest men, is the best coach of the 6 brothers. Catch one of his post-game press conferences for some amazingly droll humour.

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    It's June, dude. Baseball, apple pie, and Hot dogs.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    The real Stanley Cup finals should have been Kings and Blackhawks. Kings in 5.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Walker, Texas Ranger.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Hockey?
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Hockey is the major team sport with the greatest parity. With that said, I feel like anything can happen except a sweep.

The Kings have proven they can beat more physical teams (Ducks) and teams with more playmakers (Hawks), so it is difficult to argue against them winning their second cup in three years.

As for New York....1994 will be the new chant.
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Washington Bullets!
  • TheFword
    10 years ago
    As a 'Hawks fan since the Bobby Hull Stan Mikita era I don't know who I want to see win this year. I like the Rangers speed, but if game 1 is any indication the Kings physical play can wear the Rangers down as the game goes on. I'm going to be an interested bystander enjoying some good close games with lots of end to end action.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion