tuscl

Why dont nude clubs serve alcohol most of the time?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:15 PM
Why are nude clubs never male as much as topless clubs? Just wondering

17 comments

• lopaw
    10 years ago
    If you want 18-20yo hotties to work there can't be any alcohol. Also I think that alot of places feel that alcohol + nudity = too much drama.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I'll assume the second question was an apple device auto mispeller unless corrected. To answer the first question, apparently legislators whenever they created the laws regarding nude clubs, thought that if you could buy alcohol and saw nude women at the same time, no make could possibly control himself at such a sight. Law makers have passed silly and stupid laws for hundreds of years. I see no end in site. They keep proposing new ones too.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    not no make, meant no guy
  • Lookin_for_wet
    10 years ago
    Lol! Sharkhunter that killed me , you put make instead of male on purpose . Yeah i am on my iphone and i meant make not male
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Maybe My iPad did it. Apple devices work deviously sometimes. lol Anyway as far as not making money, laws are tougher allowing a lot less contact with nude lap dances. Who wants to spend a fortune just to watch a nude girl when you can see the same thing at the stage for a buck or two? Plus a number of nude clubs aren't allowed to sell alcohol at least in the state I live in. That hurts club income unless the guys aren't drinking much anyway but at prices clubs charge for each beer, they make a killing on every drink.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Topless clubs make a fortune on every drink that is.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @lowpaw: You would think, but my club has 18 year old dancers and serves alcohol. It's topless only, not nude. Most nude clubs don't serve alcohol as a rule, but there's at least 1 or 2 I know of that do.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    In Atlanta all but 1 club are nude with alcohol and 18 yo's can work. They wear an orange wrist band to identify themselves as underage for alcohol. A few legal dancers are on alcohol restriction for breaking club rules, usually drunk & disorderly and also wear the band but as packed as the club is they still drink if they want to.
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    It is mostly the local governments that control alcohol in clubs. I remember a few years back that Mobile, Alabama made it illegal to serve alcohol in a strip club. One SC, I think it was called Roosters, put a wall in the middle of the club to separate the bar from the stripping part. Eventually the commissioners determined that that didn't meet muster and I believe the alcohol went away.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    @rockstar666 - yeah seems weird to have under 21 yo's allowed to work in a place where alcohol is served. Maybe its a regional or state thing. Do those 18yo's have to wear wrist bands so that they are not served any booze?
  • rl27
    10 years ago
    I forgot about the orange wrist bands at Atlanta clubs. There were a lot more under 21 dancers working there than I expected.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Because most state legislatures are trying to curb the combination of alcohol and full nudity, including CT (where you obviously club). However, CT, like many states, has a loophole for BYOB clubs. If you want to drink and see nudity, simply grab your favorite bottle or 12-pack, head up 20-40 minutes on 95N and visit Ruby II in B'port or the clubs in downtown New Haven. Simple.
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    Michigan clubs recently discovered that they can still sell alcohol and offer nude dancing. Most clubs still expect the girls to keep their bottoms on but some allow each dancer to decide whether to go nude or not.
  • IanSmith
    10 years ago
    I have to ask. WTF is wrong with you not letting people drink until they are 21? That makes no sense at all to me. All of my children either were or will be introduced to alcohol by the age of 4. I was taught to drink responsibly and to respect alcohol at my mother’s knee and look how I turned out. All joking aside, I think you yanks are puritanically bat shit crazy with such an approach.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @pikey: It is not now, nor has it ever been, about safety, or responsibility, or the alleged immaturity of the people so affected. If it were about those things, the US would treat alcohol like you claim to do, and actually *teach* kids about it. No, it's about control, plain and simple, with the added benefit of filling the government coffers.
  • IanSmith
    10 years ago
    @georgmicrodong. A wise man once told me, “All government is evil”. To clarify, I wasn’t “taught” and I don’t “teach” my children either responsibility or how to drink. I introduce them to alcohol early (as was I) and make it a natural part of life so there isn’t any mystic about some forbidden fruit. I have found that children self regulate much better than adolescents with no experience. At about 4 years of age we start serving them wine cut with water at dinner (I got the wine habit from wife #1 the French bitch). When a boy reaches 7 or 8 I start passing on the beer brewing skills and family recipe that I learned as a youth. Drinking beer is part of my heritage and I want my little bastards to share in that wonderful gift of the gods. What I haven’t been able to overcome is wife #2’s (the Thai) influence. Thais, especially women, often cut their beer with 7-Up. I die inside a little bit more every time I see one of my little bastards doing that.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    That *is* teaching, pikey. A much more effective form than simply telling.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion