tuscl

Why am I now getting a certificate error when I come to this site?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:26 AM
Founder, is there a reason? I still use Windows XP. Could that be it?

24 comments

• founder
    10 years ago
    I am not sure. Is any one else getting an error?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Microsoft does not support XP now, but I have mcafee. I dunno, its only this site.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Have XPSP3. No getting error on this site.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    What kind of error is it?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I got it once yesterday when the site was down but none since then.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    No problem from Windows or I-pad.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    The error says the security certificate presented by this website was issued to a different websites address. That it might be an attempt to fool me or to intercept data sent to the server. Clicked on *view certificates and it said issued to [view link] by Rapid SSL, valid from 4/21/2014 to 4/24/2015. Below is a install certificate button. But I am on a laptop.
  • LarryBird33
    10 years ago
    Microsoft" bill gates"
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^help me
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    I got the same message two days ago
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    I got the same message yestersay
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Oh shit Mikey, I'm sorry, that was meant for someone else.
  • founder
    10 years ago
    just make sure you're going to [view link] and you should be fine. [view link] is just another name we have registered. same site, different name.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^yes, that's what the address bar shows. Still shaded in red with certificate error showing.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I just clicked on [view link] and the error does not show. Beats me, no big deal I guess.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    No errors today
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    founder, Never on my desk or lap top. Always on the mobil. I don't use it often, so never considered it a problem.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    founder, After I posted above, I decide to check the smart phone again since you just fiddled with the site. I did get a certificate name mis-match once, bit nothing after that. Before I didn't get that message, but a certificate message that kept popping up. Still get the mis-match message, but only as the site comes up, I skip by it and all seems OK everywhere for me.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I never have got a certificate error, but in the last few days, I sometimes get a "function.session-start" error when switching pages. But I just scroll past it and doesn't seem to be an issue. I use an iPhone.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Just means you're being rerouted through a server in Moscow. Nothing to worry about.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    I to got a similar error msg yesterday as post #8 and the site seemed slow or down. Basically a warning msg. With the news about the Heartworm virus or whatever it's called I didn't try to continue.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Still seems to be slow at times loading pages. Maybe something with the way it handles cache?
  • founder
    10 years ago
    Clubber... it is because Network Solutions name servers are dog slow. I am in the process of dumping them. Should speed up when that happens.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Maybe just trade the Basset hound for a Grey one! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion