tuscl

OT- Letting other driver's merge

trixxi
former stripper is now an internet slut
It seems like every freeway off ramp here in Portland leads to another on ramp where one must immediately merge into oncoming traffic. If you want to merge at 5pm you dont have a shot in hell because traffic is so steady that no one will let ANYONE merge safely. Next time I dont care about your fucking Dodge Ram I'm going to hit you if you don't yield. I did'nt design these bad lanes yet if I don't get in the right one I am forced to turn around and drive 20+ miles out of my way all because you did'nt want to let me in.

11 comments

• crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Get a Dodge Ram with a big ass bumper and play demolition derby
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Drivers are nuts. Don't the jerks who won't let you merge or change lanes realize that an accident will affect them too?
  • steve229
    10 years ago

Sounds like the DC beltway at rush "hour" (which actually lasts 3+ hours twice a day)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Problem is (at least in S. Florida), many have no idea how to merge. They have these little strips of roadway called acceleration lanes! Wonder what they are for?

"Merging" into 50+ MPH traffic when one is going 25-30, not a good idea!
  • lampbreaker
    10 years ago
    I don't know about Portland, but in most states if you hit someone who is already on the highway, it will be considered your fault. So be prepared for an expensive repair and premium increase.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    A big part of the problems these days with drivers are the cars of today. Used to be, you did something real stupid while driving, you might be removed from the gene pool. These days a high-speed right into a wall and the car explodes all around you and encases you in air bags. This allows the stupid to keep degrading said pool.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    I guess Clubber's rational also explains why you see so few really bad motorcycle drivers. One really stupid move and the dude on a bike is a grease spot on the road.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "Merging into 50+ MPH traffic when one is going 25-30, not a good idea!"

Very true Clubber, but too many people still act like idiots. I've had two very close calls in construction zones where the interstate only had one lane open and drivers "merging" have STOP signs. Yet in both cases they blew the stop sign and came into my space at high speed. There's a big f***ing concrete barrier on my left. It's not like I have anywhere to go. In construction zones people need to obey the rules!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Clubber, we're at a quandary here. You hate bad drivers but you love Asians. Something's amiss here.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS,

Asian women not driving. OK?

As for bikes, last time I checked the studies show 70% of bike accidents involved sport bikes. One study showed, "The death rate among riders of supersport motorcycle accidents is four times that of riders of conventional motorcycles, like cruisers, standards, and touring motorcycles. The riders of the more conventional motorcycles are also older --usually age 40 and above. The death rate among riders of sport motorcycles is two times that of conventional motorcycle riders. Of course drinking is often involved. "As Dean Wormer said, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." and neither is being stupid on a sport bike.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Rules I was taught over 50 years ago:(1)never pass on the right. Pass on the left only;(2) if you see a signal for a merge, let the other driver in; (3) yield to the right at a four-way stop. None of this matters to today's drivers. It's almost as if safe and courteous driving marks you as a wuss and no one wants that. Agressive driving is an extension of macho ego.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion