tuscl

And they're off! 25 Cheetahs Strippers sue the SDPD

knight_errant
New Jersey
Some follow-up on a past post:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Ex…

With stripper video goodness ("I got my picture taken from at least my knees upwards...I was half dressed and I felt kinda violated...and,like, I, my rights were not there.")

7 comments

• dallas702
    11 years ago
    I hope the lawsuit from this "raid" will force SDPD to back off, and maybe even set president that a SWAT raid is not a license check and that police cannot raid a strip club to check permits unless they are also normally sending SWAT teams out to raid dry cleaners to check permits.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    No Justice! No Peace!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I concur with Dallas. The police Lt., Kevin Mayer, when interviewed did not explain the need for SWAT tactics. It another useless attempt to legislate and enforce morality. I've heard of tactful "license raids" conducted so that it was barely noticeable to those inside the club.
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    License raids?? So police can raid any establishment to check on licenses, even if there is no suspicion of dancing without a license (now there's a scary threat to public safety-- dancing without a license). Of course, I know that such raids occur---- just another example of individual rights being trampled by government sanctioned power.

Maybe the SWAT team should also raid the police chief's home to check on driver's licenses?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I certainly disagree with the SWAT tactics as well. I was in Follies during the last raid and they came in that way. Bullet proof vests showing, etc. 8 of them. They rounded up all the dancers and took them to the dressing room to check licenses, etc. I thought that they acted overly aggressive. Like ass holes. The customers were allowed to leave about 45 minutes later after they made sure they had all the dancers rounded up.

It was pointed out to me later that the reason they act in such a manner is to take immediate charge and ward off any confrontations with employees or customers. That it was the safest way to do it. They may be right but I certainly thought that it was over kill.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Dancing without a license? I'm reminded of why Southern Baptists are opposed to sex. They're afraid sex may lead to dancing.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    ^^^lol gawker
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion