tuscl

Why can't I get my change back in my hand?

I don't know if anyone else has this problem or not but some of the stripclubs I have been to the doorman & the bartender on occasions don't seem to like giving me my money back in my hand. The other week I was at a club I handn't visited in a while. The doorman ask me for my ID and I HANDED it to him after he looks at it he sort of tosses it on the register table. Then he asks for the $5.00dollar cover. Again I hand him my money and he sits my change down on the counter when he clearly sees me reaching for it. It's not like he had a line of people waiting to get in so I think he could have handed it back to me. I would have said something to him but I had drove almost an hour to this club and I know he could have denied me entry and it would have been a wasted trip. This isn't the only incident, I have noticed that the bartenders do the same thing. They lay your cash back on the counter instead of handing it to you. I would like some of your thoughts on this issue.

7 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    They'r probably also hoping that you won't pick all of it up. Maybe they get more tips that way. But I agree with Yoda, it's rude.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Jpac: Maybe it's true that you aren't wanted there, but I wouldn't conclude that from the change and ID handling alone. Not there or at any establishment.
  • Jpac73
    19 years ago
    Chandler described exactly what I am talking about. I want may to big of a deal out of it since I hardly visit that club anyway(might never go back) but it's just something I had been noticing. Laying my money down on the counter was one thing but most doormen usually had me my Driver's license back in my hand and not throw it down. One of the dancer's(whom is white) that I spoke with that night stated that most of the customers that come there are rednecks as opposed to my favorite club where she use to work at which is more of a mixture of people. Hmm maybe I am not wanted at that club?
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    SC: Counting it out is different. I believe Jpac is talking about one or two bills, already counted. I get the same treatment from one of the attendants at the library. I hand over my library card and keep my hand out while he takes the card and waves it under a scanner that's about a foot away from my hand. Takes about a second. Then, he slaps in on the counter, RIGHT UNDER my hand. All the other attendants hand it back to me, as anyone would expect. This one guy is so blatant about it, I can only assume he must have worked at a bank or something, where they train you to never hand anything over directly in order to avoid germs, sleight of hand tricks, whatever. It just looks absurd in this situation. After the first few exchanges with him, I realized he was never going to catch on, so I stopped leaving my hand out. No big deal. I wouldn't take it personally, Jpac.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Pet peeve, not limited to strip clubs. Grocery store, you pay cash what do they do. The pimpled highschool graduate gets the change both bills and coin, and the receipt and dumps them in your hand, expecting you to move on immediately. Drive through. You pay, the bills with the coins on top, plus the receipt, as you attempt to sort it out the coffee and bag are thrust at you as if it is an imposition that you are still at the window. Service is dead as a concept.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    ...the bouncers and door people are at least, NOT the bartenders. Bartenders do it strictly to save time.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    They are rude, ignorant assholes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion