tuscl

Philosophical Question about Aging

Monday, January 6, 2014 10:56 AM
This is more of a philosophical question that is only tangentially related to clubbing. For those of us who are getting a bit on in years, do you ever feel like there's a gap between how you feel and how you look? I still *feel* like I'm in my teens/20s, but obviously I'm not. Also, I'll be having a nice conversation with a younger dancer (or even a normal girl at a normal bar), and I'll sort of forget that I'm not in my 20s anymore and that she likely doesn't see me as a potential hookup because of that. Thanks in advance. Aging kinda sucks, eh?

16 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I'll be 72 next Monday. I'm not sure how the 70's are supposed to feel but I know that while I don't feel 20 anymore. I feel reasonably good but I can tell that I am slowing down. Most strippers tell me that I don't look my age. One said that 70 is the new 60 and there is probably a lot of truth in that. I'm damn sure not ready to give up strippers and strip clubs. They give me something to look foreword to every weekend.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Would I rather be in my 20's, having fun with friends and scoring with young hotties, than being older and seeing strippers? Fuck...yes!
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I stopped aging mentally at 19 which is helpful being in music! LOL Although I can't party like I used to. I don't worry about hookups with dancers because it's just a business deal anyway. Even my ATF, who is a friend as well, would never want to date me as in a relationship. I have no problems talking to women in their 20's. Or 30's. Or 40's. We just have different kinds of conversations.
  • IronFox22
    10 years ago
    My problem is that I compare myself to the way I looked when I was younger, and obviously I look worse. I have to really remind myself that no one else knows what I looked like when I was younger so they are taking me as I am now. Hard to remember that sometimes, though.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Shadowcat - Congrats. I'm 2.5 yrs 'behind' you. In reference to another post by you: may you achieve 72 over 72 hours. Iron - like SC, years ago women including strippers underestimated my age by 10 to 20 years. In the past several years that's changed; as a result of medical problems I now generally look my age. For me getting older doesn't generally mean getting worse. Yeah, there are occasions when I wish I had a younger man's body and stamina, but most of the time I'm happy being my age. Hey, don't knock those senior discounts, they add up :-) But Iron, you focus entirely on how you look; what else do you have to offer in terms of personality? My personality and professional training have made me perceptive, I have a sardonic even puckish sense of humor, and I can play a role and stay in character almost as well as Colbert. When needed I can call dancer BS or tell a dancer honestly what I find attractive or like about her [& sometimes, what I don't like]. It's not SC's, lopaw's, clubber's or rickdugan's style; it's MY style. And that's why it works for me. It make use of my personality assets and, perversely, sometimes my weaknesses. Does it always 'work'? Of course not!, but often enough to provide satisfying experiences despite my compromised physical appearance. It quickly separates the truly exploitative strippers from those who want to make $$ but have a good time doing so. And consequently, I have a good time and leave feeling good about myself. So Iron, what else besides your looks do you have to offer? If what I said interests you enough, PM me for more info.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I'm actually in better shape now than when I was 20. Not as good as when I was in the Marine Corps, but better than before I joined.
  • IronFox22
    10 years ago
    I'm doing well enough, I think. I try to always be respectful, find myself decently funny (in the Colbert/Conan quirky way), and like to read. So those are a few good things. I think kindness and respect, by the way, can bridge a whole lot of gaps when it comes to women.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Your last paragraph is something I've been saying here for a long time. If you read a lot of comments here IronFox22, you may well see that that opinion isn't widely shared.
  • harrydave
    10 years ago
    There are many things that often accumulate with age that are attractive to women. - your earning potential and spare cash - your self confidence - your experience and technique - your ability to empathize - your depth of learning and wisdom None of these attributes are a foregone conclusion; you must work at them, and they can be counteracted by poor eating, poor hygiene and obesity. But I do not think you are at any disadvantage as you age beyond your 20's.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Oh yeah, I am not the physical stud that I was for about three decades, age 20-50. It took me a good ten years after age 50 to realize that sad fact of life, however. It is not that my 'look' has changed; it is that I am now physically incapable of performing as I did formerly. Strength. Sex. Endurance. Hand/eye coordination. Flexibility. Etc. This pisses me off. Mentally, the brain seems to be firing on all cylinders. Add my experience and ever-increasing knowledge and I can still kick ass when dealing with the young studs in my industry. I think that I can still run my game with the dancers in the clubs but perhaps I am only fooling myself about that.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    Getting old is not for the faint of heart. When the oldest, hot dancer is younger than my daughter, my SC days are over. 'Til then, I'll rock on as long as this old body allows me.
  • azdd
    10 years ago
    I wish I had the physical stamina and short refractory time of my 20s with the income and SC wisdom I have now (don't we all!)
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    As I've aged, I've tended to prefer slightly older dancers. I feel creepy now getting dances from girls who look fresh out of high school. I'm going not to be the guy at the club when I'm so old that actually dating girls the age of those who work at clubs wouldn't be seen as normal in real life. I wouldn't be able to buy into the fantasy at that point. We'll see, though.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Correction to the second word of the second paragraph: I'm TRYING, not GOING.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    I like being 56. I liked being a kid; being a teen; being a college student; being a law student; being a young adult and I enjoy being middle aged. Genetic luck means I could pass for 40 easily as I have a 30" waist most of my hair, all my teeth and no wrinkles other than forehead frown lines. When I talk to dancers and listen to what life is like I think I'd rather be 76 than 36. When I was young I knew my future and the future of my country was bright. Now I know no one has a future and the good days are long gone. Demographics made strip clubs better, but destroyed America.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    skibum609: "When I was young I knew my future and the future of my country was bright. Now I know no one has a future and the good days are long gone. Demographics made strip clubs better, but destroyed America." LOL!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion