tuscl

Write Off Strip Clubs on your Taxes

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, December 30, 2013 5:52 AM
The rapper Game claims "You can write off strip clubs...making it rain." I was getting all excited, but then the Forbes article throws cold water on the rapper's claim. Forbes is a buzz-kill. [view link]

5 comments

• sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Legalize prostitution. Then every guy can claim he was seeking business partners or seeking business. Lap dances could then be the cost of seeking business. Sounds like a plan. I don't expect the prudes or the IRS to allow it though. Dancers might not like it if the IRS allowed it but wanted stripper ID's to claim the lap dance exoenses. the IrS could add up all customers claims and then audit the dancers if expenses claimed were far off from reported income. The IRS probably would claim everyone was lying but say half the customers claims were valid.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    The ability to write off lap dances legitimately has been a dream of mine for a loooooong time.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    In your dreams.
  • BigCodyCooper
    11 years ago
    Only a moron would actually try to claim money spent in strip clubs as a tax write-off.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    On top of it being a bit moronic to try it, the IRS and other government officials would start having official numbers and start looking to collect taxes. Can you imagine every single lap dance having an extra tax? It would be a democrat's dream come true to be able to tax everything you do. The far religious right might like the idea of being able to tax something out of existence. Ordinary strip clubs could become out of reach for most ordinary Americans. That would probably kill the industry except for a few clubs. Then we would have secret underground clubs popping up that only certain locals know about escaping all the taxes. It would be hard to find out about them because the police would likely raid them and shut them down.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion