tuscl

frequency of visits and ATF's

metaldude
Connecticut
Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:20 AM
At the risk of sounding like RL - Based on what I'm reading, I wonder if I'm in the extreme minority here. Being married to a woman with a nose like a bloodhound I limit my trips to SC's to those times I'm away or when I can change and shower before I get home. Otherwise I just have to sit at the bar area of the club and have no fun always afraid that the dancer who took a bath in perfume is going to come up to me and plop down in my lap. This has made it difficult at best for me to develop any long term relationships with dancers. Not that I'm looking for emotional involvement, it would just be nice for a change to know who I was going to see before I show up. Anyone have any input?

15 comments

• AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    and we all know discretion is the better part of valor.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Indeed it does, in the sense that divorces are very expensive, in terms of upfront costs and reductions in long-term capital.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    And, strictly speaking, I'm not a hypocrite, but very discreet. I would be a hypocrite if I went to sc's out of town, and was the President of my local Foundation to Stamp Out Strip Clubs. I went a little overboard in my zeal to borrow a good saying. And, a tip of the hat to Chandler for sourcing it.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    As far as hypocracy, I think another way to think of it is that nobody's perfect. I sometimes drink too much. Does that mean that I can never criticize an alcoholic or tell them they need help? Even Hugh Hefner moved his kids out of the Playboy Mansion because he didn't think it was a good environment for them. Recognizing how we should ideally behave and falling short means we're human, not evil hypocrits. As far as Chitown, my guess is that your reluctance to be seen in local clubs has a certain economic component.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Thanks Chandler. I was at the library going through a book of humorous quotations a couple of weeks ago and actually remember reading some of his stuff, so I guess that's where I saw it. My main reason for not going to clubs locally has little to do with the fear of being seen or getting caught. I just don't have much interest in going when I'm at home, there are too many other fun things to do. But when I'm out of town alone there are fewer attractive options.
  • metaldude
    19 years ago
    Shotdisc: I know what you mean about the smoke. Fortunately CT has gone smoke free except in the BYOB places.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    I go to local clubs all the time. The way I figure it, anyone who sees me there has to admit that they were there themselves to spread the news. Double jeopardy.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    as a road warrior, I also limit my SC visits to out of town clubs. Even so, my ATF was a dancer at a local club. thank god she didn't use perfume or lotion. my problem was the smoke smell
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    A qucik googling says it was French essayist Francis Duc de La Rochefoucauld. Writing about Pigalle, no doubt.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chitown, I've seen that quote before but don't remember where. It's a good one and very apropos. Who is it attributed to?
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I would rather not be seen in clubs in my local area. In my case, "hypocrisy is the tribute that vice pays to virtue."
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    I am another one that visits clubs only when I am out on business. The local clubs aren't worth my $, and my wife was a bloodhound too... So the two combined led to my habit of only going to clubs on the road. (Hence the nickname) It has led to having less "favorite" dancers, but I still find one occassionally that makes it worth going back to the same club on a regular basis.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I'm like FONDL. Although there are clubs within 25 miles of my house that are supposedly quite good, I 've never been to them, except for my bachelor party quite a while a go. I don't go to local clubs. I go to clubs when I am on the road, but that is irregular, and also unpredictable as to where I will be. I have a favorite club that I try to get to about once a month, but it is three hours away. I discovered it on a business trip, and like it so much that I now go back on my own nickel.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I usually limit my visits to out of town trips. For many years I visited the same area nearly weekly and that's where and when I met my ATF. I don't go out of town nearly as frequently anymore so my SC visits have gone way down. I've never even been in the couple of clubs that are closest to my home.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    If your hobby would cause marital discord and you don't think it's worth it you are probably better off limiting it. Or you could invite your wife along... You sound nothing like RL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion