tuscl

Which option would you have chosen?

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
One night last May, I was at my sometime regular club when I heard the DJ announce to the stage Brooke, a stripper returning after three years away. This got my attention. Of all the strippers I've known who have disappeared, Brooke would have to be among the top three I often wish I had another chance to see. This was literally a dream come true, the kind of situation you daydream about but never expect to see. In the case of Brooke, it's not that I wished I could repeat a lot of great lapdance experiences, but more that I regretted missed opportunities. Early on, when she was about 19, she'd hang out with me and do an occasional, unskilled dance. Later, she became highly in demand, so I admired her more from afar until one day, poof, she was gone.

Now here she was, still barely 24 and looking sensational, scarcely a change from when I last saw her. I went up and tipped her and invited her to join me when she got offstage. I couldn't tell whether Brooke remembered me, but when she came over my way, she embraced my like a long lost lover. She sat on my knee, swung her arm around my shoulder, and started to fill me in on her time away. She had moved to Florida - I knew that much - but not to a strip club city, and she said she had not stripped since her first few weeks down there. She was back in town just for a few days. I was pretty crushed to hear that last bit, but glad for the one chance I had with her. And then, she asked me if I would rather come up and sit with her at the bar.

In this club, the bar is situated up a few steps and back away from the stage and the table/lapdance area. It's quieter, but it's not a place where customers and dancers normally sit together. Dancers sit there in groups, taking a break. Guys who sit at the bar are more or less assumed to be not interested in dances. It's a no-hustle zone. So, basically Brooke was offering to move from being dancer and customer to something else. Whether that was just to talk or to get romantic or to get "professional", I had no way of knowing. I wanted to find out, but I also wanted to get some of the smokin' lapdance action I had longed for.

I'm pausing it here to ask which option you would have chosen. And it would be great if you came down on one side or the other, instead of saying it depends on this or that, and what if blah blah blah? Don't get too hung up on the details I've given you. Imagine a club you go to and your own version of my Brooke, the one that got away. Here's your second chance. What do you choose?

32 comments

• davids
    19 years ago
    Ok, I propose a challenge to the board: Write the story from Brooke's prespective.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    "I may be making too much of it, but I keep wondering what that brief change in her expression meant when I opted not to move to the bar."

^^^ Pathetic to "keep wondering" about this after all these years don't you think?

I don't mind people posting on ways to get with strippers if it's not pathetic. Your topic failed to meet that bar.

I mean you think you succeeded here b/c you were able to buy dances from her (gee that's quite an accomplishment: do they ever refuse?); get a phone number she didn't return messages for (I have never had a stripper not return a call); and wonder what that look meant years later? Well I'll tell you:

Most customers follow the strippers lead exactly. So she was just a bit surprised when you didn't. But then she adapted and was able to play you anyway.

I really don't see any way you could have got together with her given this additional information you've provided now: you were a pathetic loser regular three years prior, she knew that so was of course not going to have sex with you. Then she comes back sees you still there after three years, still spending money and begging for sex. (Not a good way to get it incidentally.) Then you are a chicken shit little pussy to scared to show up at a party, where you probably could have gotten something if you had any social ability whatsoever.

Now you are a pathetic loser regular pining about her years later.

Next time try not being pathetic and see if that helps you any.

Good luck, man.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    If what I got was played, then I wish I could get played all the time. Or if, as JC speculates, she was using me to sell VIP to other guys, well, at least she was using me.

Davids, it's ironic that you think my topic should be taboo, when virtually all of your posts are about how you imagine you can play your cards so that strippers will be "into you". Make up your mind.

JC, the place we were at is far better for selling VIP dances than the bar, so I doubt if that was her intent. It could have been some other "pro" hustle, and her face could have meant nothing more than "so much for that angle". I was dubious about her 3 year layoff from dancing, simply because she was doing it again just for the weekend. Seemed unlikely, unless being back in town allowed her to relive old glories. She did seem conflicted about doing any dancing that night, but once she got started she was pretty confident and assertive for one so out of practice.

AN, my experiences with strippers attempting to play me are nearly always about emotional manipulation more than money. The money can be just a token amount to make them feel they still got something. I'm just attracted to that kind of woman, inside or outside of clubs. Not real heavy duty game players, but it's one trait of a type that I guess I find exciting. I can enjoy ambiguity. It can get me in trouble, but I turn it to my advantage, too. It sure makes strip clubs fun! I hadn't given it much thought before, but now I see how leaving things ambiguous can be a crutch. I'm not too worried about it.

As for dating, I'm not interested in trying to set up dates with strippers. They're too unreliable. Besides, I live about 70 miles from this club, and I'm not about to waste that much time. However, I am usually interested in getting together for sex with strippers after they get off work. Hey, as long as I'm in town! Early in our talk, Brooke told me about a party her friends from the club were throwing for her after work. She told me I should come, but I said sorry baby that kind of thing ain't my bag. I really can't stand being around those lifers. So, anyway, that idea was out.

As I recall, she was planning to be in my town, where her parents live, on Sunday, and my call was ostensibly about the chance of getting together then, but really, I only wanted to get my phone number to her and, of course, to see if she was really "into me". And I left no ambiguity about what I wanted. I told her when we were together how many ways I wanted to fuck her, and again on her voice mail.

Davids, very little you posted has anything to to with my topic. Stop dragging in bullshit about your own obsessions. Your broken record of self-loathing is a bore.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Wonder how many other customers Brooke tried the same scam on. Also are they still wondering about "the who got away"?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Very few of us get what we want in life. If you set your criteria at fantasy fulfilment, that's a pretty high bar. Chandler got what he wanted that night, hot dances. Wondering if there could be more is human, which you seem to equate with "loser" or weak. If the choices are a totally honest stripper who wants you, or the one who plays the fantasy angle but doesn't I'd guess the "honest" strippers are about .01%. My objection to your methods davids is that when it comes down to it you don't seem to leave room for anything between conquest and failure. There is apparently no middle ground between dating stripers and free sex and being a RIL or ATM.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    He did not get what he wanted. Why was he calling if he got what he wanted? He got a worthless phone number plus some dances.

If you factor in chandler's years of pining I also bet the experience was not fun for him overall.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Just to clarify, I made my last post before I read the davids "AN; here is the difference" post. Read it in that context.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    In response to davids' last post I'll just say this. The ambiguous situation is something you seek to end. To destroy actually. Some of us enjoy our fantasies. In addition, if the situation becomes ambiguous, you advocate a resolution that removes all possibility of fun with that stripper in the future. chandler spent money, but he had fun and got what he wanted. Could he have turned it into OTC? Probably not, but had he followed your advice he wouldn't even have some hot dances to remember her by (and probably would not have the phone number either).
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Read my last post, dyslexia is a terrible disease. My appologies.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    JC: I would not have been in chandler's situation in the first place. Could I have dated her if I somehow had to take over where he did? Very, very unlikely. Strippers don't like loser who buy dances from them and will play 'em like chandler got played. Ambiguity is a big weapon against those dumb enough to tolerate it.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I will say this once only, and it pains me greatly. davids may have a valid point. There may be some value in finding out or forcing the issue IF you get into the situation where you are feeling those feelings you don't want to feel. I still think most of your theories are, questionable davids, but you may have a point in a case like this one. Not sure I would handle it the way you advocate, after all chandler did get a number and address and attempt a contact, and got his answer, so I think that part of your criticism is a bit too much. I think his post was more of a study of a situation, like wargames at West Point, than a whine wondering if she was into him.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    AN: Here's the difference, when the stripper suggested to me that we hang out OTC, I didn't let myself wonder about it or spend another dime on her: I called down on it. No money involved or wondering once she made tried to make her play. She lost money with gambit.

Now look at chandler by contrast still wondering about "the who got away" years later, what the gleam in her eye meant, and he still spent money in the ambiguous situation. (trying to have it both ways is the fundamental problem here)

And don't tell me he didn't want to see her OTC: he fucking called her/didn't reject her contact information.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, this is my tale of missed opportunity. I was in my secon year of grad school. I was dating a first year. MOst of our friends were my circle from my first year (science geeks). One friend she had bonded with was a girl I'd had a very minor fling with the previous year. This fling girl was fairly open about her bisexual tendencies. My SO had also hinted at a wild past with some group sex. One time after sex my SO somehow brought the subject around to my fling friend, who I'll call Jane (I'll call my SO Mary). So Mary starts talking about how she and Jane were doing girl talk, and that Jane was a bit depressed at having no boyfriend for a while. Well she (Jane) was a very attractive girl, and known to be a bit wild in the sack, I said I don't think she'll have to wait long. Mary then turned the talk to fantasy, and mentioned that Jane had talked about a threesome being one of hers. Fell free to call me an idiot at this point. I, thinking it was still pillow talk just said, she shouldn't have any problem finding a couple for that. The conversation shifted. I think I inadvertantly slammed the door on a threesome with two of the hottest girls I'd ever had. Fire at will guys.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Well, at least you read the body language well enough to see that whatever her plans, you upset them. Who knows what they were. As fpr being played, interesting thought davids, since no money other than lapdances (i.e. services rendered) seems to have changed hands, and to paraphrase, he got what he wanted. In a similar discussion of davids being played it seems to me he objected on the grounds that he didn't fall for her bogus offers. Here he seems to say that by keeping it ITC and getting what you want, but then leaving an opening for more (which didn't seem to pan out) you were somehow played. It seems to me that davids, you associate "played" with emotional manipulation on some level. Perhaps you could expand on how he was played.

I think we can concede he wanted sex. We all do, it's the price we argue about. Wanting sex and seeking it out are different things.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    You guys are losers/get played because you clearly want to date strippers but instead of admitting it to yourselves and trying and to find out for certain "is she/was she really into me?" You just do exactly what the strippers want (you keep yourselves wondering (even years later) but still spending money) and then cry about your uncertainty online. Christ, just fuckin ask and find out.

You'll never see making a "does (did) the stripper dig me?" post. You know why? Because I will find out. Maybe it will turn out she doesn't, but knowing is much better than wondering about it for years. If she doesn't, so what. Onto the next one.
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    apply these principles here:

a) don't let the woman lead - piss her off instead
    b) make a ballsy gamble - walk around with your junk hanging out.
    c) go home alone and give your hand a workout just like davids does.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Did sshe ever contact you in the three years she was gone? No. She didn't give you a thought until she saw you again. Talk to her and find out what she's doing and what she would like to do. Get a lap dance or two, but that's all you're going to get.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Go to the bar. I disagree with davids (I know, shocker). Since she's only in town for a few days, have a nice conversation, get her feeling friendly and/or drunk, then hit her up for the dances if that seems to be the way to go. I don't think you lose anything by taking it slow to see where she is going.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Enquiz: I will finish the story, but only after the replies have stopped coming in. So far so good.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Changed my mind on this one (yes even after saying it was a no brainer). Clearly you were interested in more than a dance: So I would apply some principles here:

a) don't let the woman lead
    b) make a ballsy gamble

Tell her you would like to talk to her (we have so much to catch up on, so many interesting things have happened to me (kind of not credible if you are still a regular, but heck what have you got lose by trying...) Tell her you can't go back there at the moment because you have to go visit your grandmother who promised to bake you an apple pie. Tell her to give you her cell number and that you will meet her after work. If she complies I think this is a good sign, if not you can go back another night and try again... I would push it to the brink before I agreed to dances. In fact, why not risk not getting any dances at all? There are other strippers in the world.

Now if she does comply, I am not sure if you should call to cancel the date or not... My gut would be to push it to the brink.

Needless to say if she pegged you as a loser customer this all is going to fail, but if you think it's possible that she didn't might as well try it. If you really could not live with dances from her then I would fall back to the strategy I originally posted.
  • enquiz2001
    19 years ago
    If I was enamored with her as much as you were, I'd follow her suggestion and go for the talk. The LD can always wait for a good-bye moment. Better things could happen through the conversation. But if I were in your shoes, and she made that suggestion to me, I would follow her lead. If I'm still anxious for the LD, I just wait for the opportunity. If it doesn't happen, I would probably be disappointed, but I would be more disappointed to ruin the moment. Some memories can be more precious in the future than others.

Do we get the ending to your story at some point??
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    OK, it's official. Even davids agrees on this one. Talk to the woman anywhere she wants to talk. If she feels comfortable with you, then good things normally happen. (At least I hope they did in this case, since it isn't hypothetical...)
  • davids
    19 years ago
    This is a no-brainer: If you were interested in talking to her go back and talk to her. If you were interested in meeting her outside of work then go back and talk and ask. You are not going to get into trouble for these things and destroy your possibility of getting a dance if she turns you down. If it doesn't work then get your dances. There was nothing to lose to by going back to talk to her, so why is this even a question? (If you weren't interested in talking to her and just wanted dances then just get dances.)
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    JC: When I heard she had moved to Florida, I assumed it was to Tampa or the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area to dance, so hearing otherwise was a surprise, not that it proved anything. You're right about there being no absolute "no hustle zone", restrooms possibly excepted. I intentionally left out a lot of details and qualifiers so that responses, hopefully, wouldn't get too sidetracked, but your sidetrack is certainly relevant, so thanks.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    First, just because a girl says she moves to a "non-strip club city" in Florida doesn't mean that she wasn't dancing. I'm not saying that your Brooke was dancing, but several girls drive in from out of town to work at clubs. Some even prefer it that way, because the risk of having someone they know meet them in the club is lower that way.

Second, there are hardly any "non-strip club cities" in Florida. Every Florida metropolitan area has several clubs, and everywhere else in Florida is in driving range from them.

Getting back to your question, I would have gone to the bar with her to find out what was what. Offer to get dances from her -- which is what you wanted -- if all she wanted was someone to kill time in the club with. There is no such thing as a "no hustle" zone in a strip club; what you're talking about is a "no obvious hustle" zone.

A con artist is a hustler whose angle isn't obvious. They're playing on your hopes to get you to do things you wouldn't normally do given reasonable judgment.
  • metaldude
    19 years ago
    If she's as hot as you say I would follow her anywhere. Seriously, I don't see the downside of going to the bar where I assume she is more comfortable by virtue (not a word used often in regard to sc's) of the fact that she mentioned it. I wouldn't think that just because you went to the bar that would eliminate the possibilty of later lap dance heaven. In fact, I think it would increase your chances to get better dancers after plying her with a couple of drinks and conversation to get her as comfortable as possible. So, my definitive answer is, yes I would have gone to the bar area without a moments hesitation.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    chandler, I think her plan was to get you into the VIP by first moving you to a non-dance area (where dancers don't normally dance for customers) and then selling VIP there. When you said you wanted to stay away out there, her expression change was "he doesn't want VIP," followed by "time to put on a show for the other guys who might want VIP."

I'm not sure why davids thinks you got played. Maybe he actually believes that, had he been in your shoes, he would have been dating this girl. Because we all know that, in his eyes, we're all just losers who want to see strippers OTC like he does, and he's the guy who wants to date those girls. Err, wait, what's the difference? Oh yes, he has a "plan" based on some delusional, convoluted rationalizations where because he doesn't spend money on strippers means that he's better than the guys who do.

I wonder if davids can resist playing his tired old "You posted How to let go?" card. Oops, wait, I just played it for him. Now what's he going to do? ;)
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Oh one more thing, she definitely didn't stop dancing when she was in Florida or wherever it was she went. She's definitely a pro (hustler) now.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Looks like you got played, sucker, and now you're still wondering about it years later.

I think the board is plumetting to new depths. We used ot have "is the stripper really into me?" now we have "was the the stripper really into me?" "could the stripper have been into me if I had played my cards differently".

As for your final post here's the deal: Most customers on this board do want OTC fun with strippers but will deny it. Then once in a while the possibility will come along and they will take it, negating everything they said before, or will wonder about it (why if it's what hey don't want) or will wonder about it years later.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Oh, and it looks like SuperDude came closest to matching my attitude about the choice. I might have presented the two optinos - table/lapdance or bar - more starkly than they were in reality, but it made for some revealing replies. Here I thought the board was generally more content to be in the club as customers, but the chance of OTC fun seems to hold a spell.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Here's what happened from the point when Brooke asked if I'd like to move to the bar:

"I'm more comfortable out here," I told her. Brooke's face sank and then quickly recovered. She had looked disappointed in me, if only for an instant. I asked if she had wanted to sit at the bar so that she could rejoin her dancer friends. I thought I might have seen her up there chatting earlier. She said they weren't really friends. She had seen all she wanted of them. She just thought we could be more relaxed away from all the activity on the floor.

I told her I was sitting at my primo table for relaxing, with my primo hot babe on my knee, and a cold beer in my hand. I wasn't inclined to move, so why not give it a go. If it's not working out, we can always try something else later. Brooke agreed without any sign of reluctance. We settled in and chatted and snuggled for about an hour before she did a couple of dances.

I said how I often wondered what had happened to her, and how surprised i was that she had survived her wild youth without turning into a druggie porn star. She kept saying she couldn't believe I wasn't married or tied down with anybody. Mostly, she talked about how much she enjoyed Florida, where she had recently earned a real estate license. She kept telling me I should come down and visit her, and we could have a lot of fun together.

The dances were great - better than her dances from years before. The way she got into it, I had to wonder about her being out of stripping for so long. Brooke had always been fun to watch dance for other guys, playing her part like a soft porn actress. Now all the guys at the nearby tables stared agape as she worked me over. After two songs, she took a break, and I gave her a backrub like in the old days. After more time chatting and caressing, we did one more dance, and then all the dancers got called onstage for a bachelor send-off.

She came back to tell me some guy had nabbed her for upstairs VIP dances, and asked if I'd be around for awhile? I said sure, I didn't have to leave right away. Then I realized how dumb that was - there was just over an hour left before closing, and Brooke could be up there for the duration - I might never see her again.

Just as she and VIP dude were about to hit the stairs, I ran over and grabbed her arm. Saying I hadn't realized how late it was, I said let's stay in touch and asked for her phone number. She wrote down her cell number, her home number and address in Florida for me, then, before heading upstairs, she gave me a long kiss on the mouth with some tongue. I called her cell phone once before she left town and I left a message on her voice mail. I never heard back and I haven't tried reaching her again.

I may be making too much of it, but I keep wondering what that brief change in her expression meant when I opted not to move to the bar. I don't let it bother me too much, though. I got what I wanted. Like anybody, I always want more, but I might have wound up with less.

So, boys, feel free to dissect or rip me a new one as you wish.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Well that's pretty close to being a funny post, parodyman. And here I had almost given up on you.

I think I can simultaneously outdo your humor and intellect however (well that's not much of a challenge the audience laughs):

I will just point out that if one does not intend to get lap dances, then it is much more logical to jerk off before you go to the SC rather than after. This will help you be sincerely disinterested in even the hottest dancers. (Plus you'll get to go sleep a little bit early once you do get home.)

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion