tuscl

[OT] Kindle Fire HDX

Got this from amazon on Friday and had a chance to try it out yesterday. I got to say it is one sweeeeet device. Only thing I'm thinking is that maybe I should have gone with 7" instead of the 8.9" since the latter does seem a cumbersome (even if it is super light).

Highly recommended by Dougster overall.

13 comments

• gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I keep pushing mayday asking if the Amy girl can come over and suck my cock. I think mine is broken.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    ^^^
    She won't even show you her boob. Imagine!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Dougster-Woukd you recommend the Kindle Fire HDX over the I-Pad mini?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Not sure.I have an iPhone but iPad just has no a
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    appeal to me. Better content from Amazon and all.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Right on. When my flip phone went missing in 2010(long story), I got an I-Phone since I already had an I-Pod Touch. No need to learn new shit. I've been looking at a tablet and if the Kindle is a superior product, maybe I should get one.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    7. Kindle Fire HD 7

A great gift for under a hundred bucks is the Kindle Fire HD 7. Best Buy is running a two-day sale, offering the tablet for $99, a hundred dollar discount from its original price. The black tablet includes a front-facing video camera, and free unlimited cloud storage.

http://www.businessinsider.com/8-items-p…
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Sippycup wins again.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ sippycup...no wonder you have A.D.D.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Is that an actual useful tablet, useful in the same way as an iPad, e.g. read, browse the web, watch movies, etc, or is it just a glorified book reader?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Speaking about tablets. How come the tablet is simultaneously the oldest and newest form of reading?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    It's great for movies/tv, reading the WSJ, browsing is better now. I haven't tried many apps yet, but I think they are limited unless you can jailbreak the thing, then, apparently, you have access to most android apps. I would never try and real work on one, however. That's what my laptop and PCs are for.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    That whole needing to jailbreak to get variety in apps thing is what irritates me about it, along with the Nook and a couple of others. It's fucking Android, an "open" OS. Why close it down? Why the fuck could they just not let me buy what apps I want? Are they too afraid their own apps are too crappy to actually pay money for unless there's no other choice?

At least Apple has a *reason* for their closed ecosystem (though compared to Nook and Kindle, they're wide the fuck open). And while I rail against some of Apple's choices, at least they let damn near any motherfucker with $100 and a Mac write software for their devices.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion