tuscl

Shooting/Guns (Off Topic)

I take it there might be some 2nd Amendment defenders here, but aside from that, I wonder if there are any shooters here (go to the range to shoot ?). If you do, what do you shoot. Do you pack heat ?<br />
<br />
Actually,it's been fifteen years since I did any shooting. I sniped in the military and I was on ERT (similar to SWAT) when I was a cop. I take care of my rifles, just don't use them. My grandfather's .22 is my oldest. He used it to hunt rabbits while he was with Black Jack Pershing-while hunting for Pancho Villa. My father's M-1 Grand from his time in Patton's Army is a sweet weapon.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br />
<br />
My own Springfield 1903A4 is the easiest to maintain. I do keep a .12 guage bedside to chase off burglars (had to use it once), so, any shooters here ?

6 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    <p>you take it that there might be some 2nd amendment guys here?<br />
    <br />
    judging from what i've read i'd guess there are several.<br />
    <br />
    when i lived in the country from my late 20s to mid 30s i used to shoot almost&nbsp;every day.&nbsp;did alot of long range shooting with a remington 788 and 40x repeater, sold both years ago. don't hunt and&nbsp;don't shoot much anymore though since i moved back into a city. i have a carry permit and usually carry a s+w stainless airweight 38 or a beretta mod84 380. i'm more a handgun guy than a rifle guy now&nbsp;though although i have a couple tricked colt ar's and a couple 22 rifles and a benelli m1 super90 shotgun.&nbsp;</p>
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Way to go troop. I've considered a&nbsp; .380, nice pocket weapon.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    actually dude,&nbsp;the beretta model 84 i carry is a little too big to conceal in an average size pocket. it's the size of a small 9 but lighter.&nbsp;i carry it because it's fairly light and&nbsp;a quality reliable handgun with a 13rd mag which i normally load with 11 to keep less stress on the mag spring which also&nbsp;helps reliability.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I carry a Para 9mm, loaded with jacketed hollow points, almost everywhere I go these days.&nbsp; I get to the range about every month.&nbsp; Fortunately, Wal-Mart sells 9mm ammo pretty cheap, so I don't have to use the good stuff for target practice, except for the occasional fam fire.<br type="_moz" />
  • bhunter5252
    14 years ago
    To carry around, my Glock model 22.&nbsp; To shoot for fun, S&amp;W 9mm or 44MAG.&nbsp; I have 14 other pistols since I like variety.&nbsp; My faovrite rifle is my Remington 700 but the 30-30 lever action is still a blast to shoot.&nbsp; My fav shotgun is my Remington 870.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    While it is certainly not &quot;pocket fodder&quot; I LOVE my Beretta CX-4 carbine.&nbsp; I have it in the S&amp;W .40 and it shoots 10 shot 3&quot; groups offhand at 25 yards.&nbsp; Sweet gun.&nbsp; I put a red dot on it and it is about as quick a snap-look-fire weapon as you'll find.<br />
    <br />
    For Trap and Skeet I have a Beretta (seeing a trend here?) over and under 12 that is also a reflex fire weapon.&nbsp; Gotta love Italian steel....<br type="_moz" />
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion