tuscl

It's Flu Season!!

enquiz2001
Florida
Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:28 PM
It's flu season. Does that mean you should cut down on the dances or douse yourself with a good shower and Listerine when you get home????

6 comments

• v.i.perv.
    19 years ago
    To the top!
  • enquiz2001
    19 years ago
    I take it from the discussion that no one is planning to alter his LD habits based on the possibility of getting the flu. A toast to the dancers, and get your shots where you can. I got mine at a local supermarket that conducts the clinic there each year. $25 for the shot. Check your doctor. All I can tell you - its worth getting - even if it does cover a few strains. But I do feel an urge to shit on a windshield and I'm making noises that wake up the neighbors at sunrise!!!!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    You should also be aware that a flu shot only offers protection from a very few strains of flu for which it is designed. So you're chances of getting a different strain aren't changed at all. You're better off strengthening and protecting your immune system.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    The reason that 50,000 people die from the flu each year is because they are either old and-or their immune systems are already compromised by other diseases. The flu is not nearly as lethal as those numbers you quoted would seem to suggest.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Well if terrorists ever can kill us by using the flu, consider everyone in the town I live at to be dead unless we survive naturally on our own with no help from the US government. I searched and found no flu shot clinics available in my area. That is very very sad especially considering over 50,000 people a year die from the regular flu. I feel much better knowing our government is spending 200 billion on Iraq and nothing on saving lives here at home.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I don't think what you do afterwards will have any impact to avoid the flu. I heard vitamin C may lessen the impact or severity but it's hard to tell. Thanks for reminding me though because I was going to check if I could get a flu shot.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion